thetford door leak

Submitted: Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 18:39
ThreadID: 124411 Views:3779 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Gday all,

Seems this is the season for leaks. Had a good downpour yesterday which resulted in a similar leak to Foggy so I have some replies re that but we have always had a mysterious ingress of water to the ensuite which I believe is through the outside hatch door seal. This was from day one and all discussions with BTI were met with the usual it never happens. The sealing surface for the door is not very large and could be the source but I think it may even be getting in behind the outer flange where it meets the chequer plate. As the water only goes onto the floor of the ensuite I havent put a high priority on fixing the problem but will pull the door assembly off eventually if I dont get any other suggestions.

cheers graham
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bocky - Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 19:45

Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 19:45
Hi Graham,

Let me know if you find a solution because our has been leaking since new (2 Years).
I have sealed everything I thought might be the problem but to no effect.
Regards,
Brian & Linda

"Such is Life"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 574259

Follow Up By: Keith & Joan - Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 00:07

Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 00:07
I second that Brian & Linda, ours has also been leaking since new (2005) and we took it back to BTI to be fixed. They told me it had been, but it still leaks into the Ensuite floor. The lock on the Thetford door does not seem to pull the door in very tight, so I guess it is leaking through the seal at that point. I don't think there is a way to make the door pull in closer, although I have not had a good look to see if there is an adjustment on the locking mechanism. Maybe a bit of Vaseline round the seal would help ?

Kind regards, Keith & Joan.
FollowupID: 849287

Reply By: Silver Fox - Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 21:47

Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 21:47
roof hatch ?? just a thought.
AnswerID: 574260

Follow Up By: Cargra - Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 02:51

Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 02:51
Garden hose proves leak originates from door , how to stop it is the problem. As I said the priority on a fix is way low as we only get half a cup after heavy rain and on the floor its not a real issue. Maybe a little dirty if we ever go through deep enough creek crossing but unlikely due to bow wave and short exposure.
I am definitely going to pull the door assembly off to check for sealant between it and chequerplate ie when I get really bored.
FollowupID: 849288

Our Sponsors