Does your oven keep going out

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 at 22:22
ThreadID: 124425 Views:4230 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
After speaking to a few other owners on the road we thought that we would post as several had problems with their ovens going out after they had been lit.

This happened to us and so we contacted the manufacturer who advised us to check the gap at each side of the horizontal rubber at the top of the oven. This should be 45-50mm each side. Ours was way smaller so we cut back the rubber to give a 50 mm gap each side.

Since then we have had no further problem.

It appears that with a smaller gap once the original oxygen in the oven is exhausted the narrow gap does not allow enough air to enter to allow continued flame.

Hope this helps any who have the same problem we had.

Mike and Margaret
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pixellator - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 08:03

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 08:03
Hi M & M
We have had this 'Proactive Extinguishing' in the oven.
Your post seemed like the answer.
Alas, I checked the door, but both sides of the top edge on the door have the required gap!
Maybe I'll need to get in touch with my friends at Swift.
Cheers
BobH
AnswerID: 574295

Reply By: Silver Fox - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 19:55

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 19:55
This info may not be the reason.However my burners were over six months or so producing less flame. The original regulator was slowly blocking at the diaphram apparently. Whilst getting repairs done in Cairns to a thermo coupler the fellow noticed the reduced gas flow and recommended a new regulator be fitted soon. His comment was the internal lining of the hose was sheding and slowly finding its way down to the diaphram and blocking its effectivness. The new regulator was an instant success. Of course if the burners are operating quite ok then the regulator is fine. cheers,
AnswerID: 574296

Reply By: Mike & Carol - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 23:48

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 23:48
Replace the gas regulator to which the gas bottles connect, it fails internally and stops the gas from flowing. We had the same problem, refilled the gas bottles thinking they were not full, arrived in Devenport, turned on the stove / oven, it would light then go out. We replaced the gas regulator and have not had a problem since.

Good Luck
AnswerID: 574297

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Thursday, Feb 14, 2008 at 06:00

Thursday, Feb 14, 2008 at 06:00
We had a similiar problem. Contacted the supplier who advised slightly bending the heat sensor so the it was directly onto one of the flame outlets. Previously it was located between jet outlets. No problems for the last two years.

Cheers John
AnswerID: 574298

Our Sponsors