Sahara Suspension

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 13, 2008 at 06:08
ThreadID: 124443 Views:4306 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello fellow members I am asking the question of all BT owners who pull their their pride and joy around with a Lexus or sahara with the hydrulic suspension. I have had changes with my vehicle with it altering from neutral to low and staying in low, toyota do not have an answer except that the vehicle must be overloaded???
If any one has any answers on this could you please send any information would be appreciated. cheers dbar
Don & Lee-Ann
Keeping the dream alive!!!!!

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Wednesday, Feb 13, 2008 at 07:56

Wednesday, Feb 13, 2008 at 07:56
Hi Don & jenny,

We tow a 20ft BT with a Lexus LX470. We have covered about 100,000km with the BT on the back. For most of that time, the suspension light has been on low. Only times I have seen it on Normal is when I have started the vehicle and the fuel load has been down to maybe the auxiliary tank. Lexus tells me it's all to do with the load on the back suspension and I guess the ball weight of the van plus what we carry in the back exceeds the point where the normal light is on.

Having said that, we use Weight Distribution gear and we have not experienced any problems with towing or suspension in all our travels which have included a high percentage of off bitumen (corrugated) travel.

The guys at Lexus told me not to worry about it. The Lexus has now travelled 250,000kms and the suspension is stock standard original. No air bags, no ARB after market etc.

I understand the LC100 Sahara is identical to the Lexus, so I would not be concerned, based upon our experience.

Hope this helps.
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 574345

Reply By: Twin Creeks - Friday, Feb 29, 2008 at 09:20

Friday, Feb 29, 2008 at 09:20
Hi Don and Jenny, same trouble with an 06 sahara td, ended up pulling out the adjustable suspension and replacing with tjm xjs heavy coils and torsion bar - sits nice and level now with the bushtracker and stopped the pitching. Have kept the adjustable to replace when I sell - the upgrade cost about $800 and they will charge about $200 to put the old shocks back in.

Still rides smooth without as well!

cheers

Ross
AnswerID: 574346

Our Sponsors