Bushtracker sighting in Bridgetown

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 05:59
ThreadID: 124467 Views:4180 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I didn't see it, but my daughter saw a BT parked in Bridgetown today. Anyone here? It may have been someone attending the Boyup Brook Country Music over the weekend.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Flipp'n Lorry - Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 at 19:01

Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 at 19:01
Bet they didn't have their CB on
Lorraine
AnswerID: 574450

Follow Up By: Mobi Condo - Friday, Feb 22, 2008 at 04:19

Friday, Feb 22, 2008 at 04:19
Howdy - don't want to "high-jack" this to CB stuff, but we travel scanning UHF and now on three occasions have seen a BT going the other way and in awkward driving situations so by the time we have got to Ch 40 or 18 they are gone around the bend or down the other side of the hill! Last two were firstly (Dec 24th 2007) as we started down the Cunningham Gap north bound and the other came up the crest! Then secondly (Jan 15th 2008) when we were going into Crescent head along a narrow road an the other sept around a bend and headed west! Sometimes it is a tad hard to contact! So it is not always having the CB off.
So if we can we try (yeah I know VERY TRYING) but it don't always work.
Cheers - Ian & Sally
FollowupID: 849377

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Wednesday, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:12

Wednesday, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:12
True, they rarely answer if on the road, although sometimes we are travelling without the caravan or UHF so we can't call. As Ian says, sometimes they have vanished around the corner before you can grab the handset.

As i expect way less than half BT owners are on this forum, a few we have seen have 'owned up' to threads such as this. One of our sons photographed two BTs last year on the GRR, and one later replied on the forum. One of our daughters called up someone on the road in the Pilbara last year, and they were not only from the forum, but had visited us the previous year.

This BT was parked together with another caravan along the old railway line and away from the main street, so owners probably not even there at the time, although if i had known, i would have made a 'sudden and urgent trip to the post office' to take a look and knock on their door. I see many caravans driving through town every day, but only once have i seen a BT and that was a few years ago.

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 574451

Our Sponsors