Utensils

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 02:17
ThreadID: 124470 Views:4561 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Appreciate thoughts on pots and pan sets that have removable handles. Are they good value compared to ones with handles. What does everyone use?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 02:31

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 02:31
We have a set with no handles just flat rims they all (3) nest one inside the other. used extensively in Indial and Asia. Also have a good fry pan two camp ovens and apressure cooker. The smaller camp oven sits insde the larger one.

Cheers John
AnswerID: 574460

Reply By: Turist - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 03:21

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 03:21
Magma stacking & nesting cookware may be what you are after.

Bob

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 574461

Follow Up By: The BrakeAways - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 06:32

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 06:32
Bob
Who sells the Magma gear? I can find their home page in the USA, and it looks good, but can't find anyone selling the nesting pots etc here in Oz
FollowupID: 849381

Follow Up By: Turist - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 06:42

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 06:42
Click on the link, "Magma" in blue letters.
All details there

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 849382

Follow Up By: The BrakeAways - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 18:21

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 18:21
Ah ha! Thanks! I wondered why the font was in blue (or is it purple?)!
FollowupID: 849383

Reply By: Willie - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 07:42

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 07:42
Hi Natives ,

Please keep in mind that I am traveling by myself , as my ideas are a bit odd .

I use Scanpan Professional non stick . One large frypan and one medium saucepan . If I cannot cook a meal just using these , I don't bother. For storage , I have cut high density foam ( from those roll up camping mattresses ) to fit the inside of the frypan . To this I glued a ring of the same material which seats the bottom of the saucepan and stops it moving . We can't have our non-stick surfaces rubbing , can we !

Scanpan Professional have metal handles , so I can use them on my fire as well . I usually do a paper towel wipe before washing up so that it does not foul the washing up water - the non stick really helps with this . I use paper plates too - I'm a real heathen .

I have a great vege recipee which can be cooked in the frypan . Just dice one onion , one capsicum and slice a number of zuchinis like french fries . Put a little bit of butter in the non stick frypan and simmer until it's all soft and going a little brown . Put salt and a big heap of cracked pepper and it's ready to go ! Put this pan to the side of the fire to keep warm while you grill your meat.

My other standby is a meat grill with vegies wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals . I usually cook three of the following - baby beetroot , potatoes , parsnips , carrots , onions or zuchinis . The only thing to remember is that beetroot and spuds take the longest , then carrots , then parsnips then the zuchs . Nil washing up .

Fried sliced parsnips make great fried chips .

My apologies for this post , which has nothing at all to do do with removable handles .

Cheers ,

Willie .
AnswerID: 574462

Our Sponsors