Should 4WD owners have to pay extra to drive in the city and suburbs?

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 08, 2008 at 22:47
ThreadID: 124522 Views:4266 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
On Friday, March 07, 2008 at 23:36
Member Rosco posted about Should 4WD owners have to pay extra to drive in the city and suburbs? - (PostID: 4410)
The post

Should 4WD owners have to pay extra to drive in the city and suburbs?

This is a poll being carried out by the Herald Sun.
I suggest we all vote NO and nip all this nonsense in the bud!

www.news.com.au/heraldsun/opinion

Pass this on.

Rosco
The Boondockers

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pixellator - Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 at 09:10

Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 at 09:10
G'day Keith
This garbage is going to be "featured" on Sunrise Wednesday morning. Oh dear, some people have narrow minds. Maybe they should charge a levy for non-4WDs to travel OUT of the cities!

Hope things are going well for you. When's your next trip?
Cheers
Bob
AnswerID: 574618

Reply By: RasCam - Thursday, Mar 13, 2008 at 22:41

Thursday, Mar 13, 2008 at 22:41
Well then. Why don't they remove ALL 4WD vehicles that the SES, safety, goverment, Telstra use and see how the city survives a bushfire, flood etc. Next thing they will want all 4WD's back when nothing works. Ridiculous suggestion.

Kevin
AnswerID: 574619

Reply By: AlexMc - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:07

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:07
Woah there, lets not be to hasty and give knee jerk responses. Lets look at the bigger picture.
Soooo..... expanding on this logic that the larger the vehicle the greater the impact the more you should pay? (still with me?)
As I ride a Triumph Daytona (lovely bit of British technology) as I see it, by my calculations, they should be paying me about $200 a month to ride it as it has less than zero impact compared to Govt buses and semis in urban environs. NOW if this is unacceptable logic to the powers that be, then they are obviously only looking at any excuse to fleece the greatest amount of people so that they can fund their inefficient and incompotant beaurocracies.
Ah, dont start me......
AnswerID: 574620

Our Sponsors