For Sale 200 Series Toyota GXL

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 17:53
ThreadID: 124561 Views:4370 Replies:8 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
We have a beautiful new White 200 series Toyota GXL for sale – open to sensible offers.

Reason:
Sharón is 5ft tall and there is no height adjustment in the seat and therefore she cannot reach the pedals!

Accessories:
KDSS; Anderson Plug; 12 Pin flat plug; Prodigy Brake Controller; Reversing Camera

Bullbar:
On order from Arrow Towbars in Brisbane if you require cost will be about $2000. Available 31 March

KM:
Run in at 11,000 km

Purchase Date:
end of November 2007

Note:
We have tried everything!!!!
Aftermarket Seating: not an option because of Queensland Transport Regulations; Cushions you name it we have tried it.

We are so sad, we love the car, however we have to make a decision sooner rather than later our Bushtracker will be on our doorstep in less than 3 weeks.

Everything apart from the seats for Sharón is fabulous. Allan is 5ft 11inch and has no trouble

Please phone
Sharón or Allan on 0417 843 543
Or private message by email
We are in Brisbane
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RasCam - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 20:37

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 20:37
Hi Allan and Sharon. Absolutely sad that you have to resort to a sale. My wife is 5'4". Perhaps she may have a problem when we pick up our GXL in 6 weeks. I notice you mention a reversing camera. What make and model of camera is it. Was it installed after you bought the LC or was it fitted as an accessory. Is it true that the GXL is wired for (but not with) the camera. Where was it installed. Best of luck with your sale, I'm sure it will be snapped up very quickly.

Cheers Kevin
AnswerID: 574707

Follow Up By: Yogi and Muffin - Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 18:40

Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 18:40
Kevin,

Toyota do have a reversing camera as a standard accessory. The camera is small and fits into the upper part of the tailgate. The rear view mirror has to be changed to an "opticron" mirror which gives you automatic darking of the mirror for oncoming headlights at night and also displays a rear view when the vechile is put into reverse. The wiring loom is already there.

Regards,
Tony
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 849551

Reply By: Wherrol - Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:13

Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:13
Hi Kevin,

5ft 4inch should be peachy to sit in the GXL.

5ft you require the steering wheel to be in your stomach, then you need to reach the pedals which were 6cm to far away for me.

Reversing Camera: We bought ours from SIM, they wired it up. The camera was put on the reversing mirror (extra mirror required). Had a few teething problems with that but now all peachy.

With the brake controller for the Prodigy we had that fitted to the left of the steering wheel. Being short I banged my knee and could move the brake controller slide switch (being a woman I am able to multi task). Seriously though this will be fine if you are a tad taller.

Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers

Sharon
AnswerID: 574708

Reply By: dazmit - Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 21:06

Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 21:06
Hi Allan & Sharon

what a shame to have to sell such a great new rig, I'd happily swap it for my 2004 100 series TD fitted with Recaro seats and loads of extras but I suspect you may want some cash involved in the exchange :o)

Out of curiousity what sort of tow tug are you looking at now ??

Cheers

Darryl
Brisbane
AnswerID: 574709

Reply By: Wherrol - Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 15:49

Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 15:49
Hi Darryl,

Thanks for your help you are a real sweetie offering your rig and happily swapping it!!! :-) Yeah we were thinking of some cash as well.

What kind of tug are we getting? We are working on it at the moment.

Kind regards

Sharon
AnswerID: 574710

Follow Up By: dazmit - Saturday, Mar 22, 2008 at 05:28

Saturday, Mar 22, 2008 at 05:28
No worries Sharon, it was worth a try :o)

Hopefully you will find a tow tug as good as the 200 that suits.

Cheers

Darryl
FollowupID: 849552

Reply By: Wherrol - Sunday, Mar 23, 2008 at 18:00

Sunday, Mar 23, 2008 at 18:00
Hi Folks,

We have sold the 200 series.

Motorama, a Toyota dealer in Brisbane, has lent us, (with provision to purchase) a 100 series VX with 19,700 on the clock and only 11 months old. Catch Cruiser originated from Mackay so we need to check out it has not done any floating of late! So to RACQ on Tuesday we shall go, they will take it over their pits. Fingers crossed that this is ok.

Having said that it looks ok. Cruiser only came into the yard on 20 March and has not even been detailed yet, there is still red dust all over the motor...and no appearance of mud.

The good news is that the seat so far, feels perfect and no back problems...oh the joy of a seat that has the ability to move up and down.

Other good news is the Cruiser is nicely set with snorkel,bull bar, cb, tow bar and a roof rack...and the adjustable seats...oh bliss.

What an expensive learning exercise this has been.

Ok off for another test run in the Cruiser now. So far 2 hours and no back ache, hope we can keep that up.

Thanks for all your personal messages and comments, it has been really well appreciated.

Cheers

Sharon
AnswerID: 574711

Reply By: dazmit - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 03:59

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 03:59
Hi Sharon

A bit late, but as a suggestion but since you mentioned the 100 series VX has adjustable seats , if the 200 VX or Sahara has adjustable seats it might be worth buying one of those and fitting it to your 200. Generally the wiring loom will be there in the GXL's to plug in all the goodies from the upmarket models.
You would then get to keep a lot better tow vehicle.

Cheers

Darryl
AnswerID: 574712

Reply By: Wherrol - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 04:14

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 04:14
Hi Daryl,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes we had tried that idea as well. The seats cost..wait for it...$6900 each and that is without the fitting charge. Additionally no one at Toyota, or any of the dealers knew if the seats would go into the current position. Oh yes and there was none in the country.

We are trying out a VX which is 11 months old. I drove for 2 hours yesterday and it was wonderful. Both of us found that the passenger side was no good. Mmmm. So we at least can get Recaro's into this car.

Interesting we are enjoying driving the VX more. No idea why we can only think that it feels more comfortable. Maybe the 200 series had bad feeling because we were cross that the seats didn't fit...Oh who knows.

Thanks for the thoughts mate. We really appreicate it.

Cheers

Sharon
AnswerID: 574713

Reply By: dazmit - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 06:41

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 06:41
No worries Sharon

Glad you like the 100, We put Recaro's into ours to improve sore backs from the originals as well.

Enjoy.

cheers

Darryl
AnswerID: 574714

Our Sponsors