TOW BAR

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 23:00
ThreadID: 124580 Views:4674 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
PICKING UP NEW 200 TOYOTA L/C END OF MONTH . PHONED ARB BENDIGO VIC . RE TOW BAR. TOLD THEY HAVE NOT INVENTED ONE YET .WHERE IS THE NEXT BEST PLACE TO GO? DO I NEED A DUST SNORKLE? WHAT IS THE BEST APPROACH FOR THESE ADD ON EXTRAS . ANY INFO I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL REMEMBER IAM TUCKED AWAY IN NORTH /WEST VIC. BETWEEN BENDIGO& MILDURA . THANKS.CLIVE &JOAN.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Yogi and Muffin - Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 00:47

Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 00:47
Hi Clive and Joan,

I am a bit puzzled by your enquiry. The 200 series has an a towbar as standard, it is integral to the chassis. HR weight distribution hitches can fit straight in. The wiring loom is also in place, it just needs a plug and some connections.
I believe that Safari now have a snorkel for the 200 series and ARB can fit these. If you are contemplating doing much time on dirt roads (why else would you have a Bushtracker) they will provide cleaner less dusty air to the engine and are worthwhile.

I would have thought that you could add that at a later date if required.
regards,
Tony
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 574773

Follow Up By: Finch's nest - Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 02:27

Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 02:27
Hi Tony. silly me!!!!,when we ordered our BT I hadn't seen one just went by what I read on the forum. Same with the toyota just phoned the dealer last month, he said I will have one end of march .OK it's mine I said. and as you said it has a tow bar.I wonder what else i will find when I pick it up. thanks for the info. Clive& Joan.
FollowupID: 849572

Reply By: RasCam - Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 03:02

Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 03:02
I have just returned from the Sydney caravan show where I had discussions with the Hayman Reece representative. Having expressed an interest in having a system fitted to my almost here LC200, he mentioned that there MAY be a problem fitting the system. This is the first I have heard of any possible problems. I sent a query request to HR and the reply is ........' the biggest problem you may encounter is the towing height of the Towbar on the 200 as it is very high. Getting down low enough to tow may require a big drop shank....'

Ok, that sounds a bit like double dutch to me. Has any one else experienced any problems, and if so what was the fix? And what is a 'big drop shank'?

Cheers Kevin
AnswerID: 574774

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 08:23

Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 08:23
Kevin i can't give you personal 1st hand info but i do have a good mate who has a 200s Cruiser and tows a Kedron van with it, as far as i am aware he just used the standard HR adjustable hitch with the WDB's, in fact he just took it out of his 100s Cruiser Tow bar and slid it in to the 200, no modifications, no tail gate touching when lowered, no drilling of extra holes in the solid shank.

FollowupID: 849573

Follow Up By: Yogi and Muffin - Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 18:33

Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 18:33
Kevin,

It's not a problem. With the standard HR hitch the height is fractionally high for a BT. However HR themselves sell a 100mm drop hitch which does the job perfectly. Bushtracker themselves also sell this hitch. It is all covered on the Bushtracker forum.
Regards,
Tony
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 849574

Reply By: RasCam - Friday, Apr 04, 2008 at 01:13

Friday, Apr 04, 2008 at 01:13
Thanks to all. I feel a lot happier now. Itching to get my LC200 when it comes of the boat in a few weeks.
Cheers Kevin
AnswerID: 574775

Our Sponsors