Spirit of Tasmania 50% off deal on selected sailings

Submitted: Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 04:22
ThreadID: 124654 Views:4303 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Spirit of Tasmania is currently offering a 50% off deal on selected sailings between 3 May and 31 August 2008. Bookings are required by 31 May 2008 using the special offer code REFER2. As well as the 50% you will be entered into a draw to win $5000 to spend on your next holiday.

The offer is a 50% saving on seats and cabins and a 50% reduction on a standard car fare. Ocean View Recliners are available for $69 per person each way and a standard car from just $30 each way.

To book visit:

Spiritoftasmania.com.au/refer
Enter the unique code: 5672654
Refer as many other friends as you like.

If you intend to travel during the above times this will give you a discount plus an opportunity for the $5000 draw. We have just returned from Tassie and received a Spirit of Tasmania letter the other day with the offer. The letter from Spirit of Tasmania is dated 10 April 2008 from Melindy Green Director, Passenger Sales, Marketing and Communications confirming the above details.

Best regards,

Chris and Sue
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boystoy - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 05:03

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 05:03
Hi Chris & Sue,

We too have just returned from Tasie. We came back on the night when most of Melbourne was blacked out by a severe windstorm, that stretched to Hobart where they recorded a wind speed of 175km/h. We had an "Adventure" crossing, many "pot holes" & "corrugations" in Bass Straight. Spray was going over the top of the Spirit of Tasmania.
Anyhow, don't be misled by super discounts. OK if its just you & the car. Add a 20' Bushtracker & a Tojo & expect $1700 return with an outside cabin.
However as this sems high, if you plan a 2-month stay as we did, it doesn't take long to recoup this fare in saved accomodation & restaurant fees.
We loved it!!

Neil & Pat
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 574978

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 08:17

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 08:17
Remember, this is the off-peak period. Fine for those who want to enjoy Tassie in winter and enjoy the snow. Most people choose summer where they can enjoy glorious mild weather and sunshine. I did, so paid 'shoulder' fees - part way between peak and off peak. Well worth it to tour Tasmania.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 574979

Reply By: Kiwi1 - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:22

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:22
As I recall we were there when you were, Motherhen. Froze in the sleet atop Mt Wellington. Mild weather and sunshine? Ha. ;-)

Michael
AnswerID: 574980

Follow Up By: Tassie Bushies - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 18:43

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 18:43
Hi there Kiwi1
Hay fair go there, we have just had a beautiful warm summer down here, in Tassie, as Neil & Pat could tell you. I even went swimming.
By the way it is ALLWAYS FREEZING on top of Mt. Wellington, just like it is on Mt. Cook. but for some reason everyone want's to go there, ( but the view is pretty good on a clear day) yes even I have been there twice in 60 years.
Mind you is has turned a little chilly this month.
Regards Peter.

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 849650

Our Sponsors