SERVER PROBLEMS

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 01:46
ThreadID: 124684 Views:3600 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
I think that this server still has some issues...anyone who read my posted reply to Silver Fox post a little further down this page might have remembered my saying that in post 4572 when I had a little difficulty adding a pic to my post.....5 times.

Now today (April 28th) I went into "My Home" and "Messages" and checked to find that I had 5 received member messages there.

I wouldn't have done that if it hadn't been for a phone call that I just got from a member asking about info on a campsite that we found in Texas, Qld. He says they sent me a Member message and hadn't heard from us.

Anyway...I normally check in on the BOG Daily and the "Member Message" flashing icon didn't alert me to the fact that I had a message...let alone 5 of them dating back to March 31st. My apologies to those 5 members for not replying until today....I was NOT ignoring you...just didn't know that you had sent us Member Messages...sorry.

That date March 31st is interesting as it was only 2 days after the major server update....

Another thing that the member told me was that my post about the Texas River Campsite was still there and all the replies were intact and viewable but the text of my post was not there......Post 4401.....

Also of interest is the other post I made after that one 4403 has suffered the same fate......the common denominator in this seems to be posting a pic into the text body of the post......after the server upgrade was done....the text and gallery pics have disappeared.......this renders thevalue of the archive a little sick....

Members might check into "My Home" and then "Messages" to see if they have any unread messages.

I'll forward this on to the committee who will probably take it up with the web master.
Cheers
Rick & Julie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Our Sponsors