Schlegal Caterpillar

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 03:37
ThreadID: 124686 Views:4188 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
OK now I have your attention!
Can ANYONE give me some info on how to attach this device to the door of the van? I read somewhere in the forum a while ago how it is great for preventing bugs getting in via the spaces around the locks on the door. The other half is currently down in the big smoke, and has just picked up this interesting little device, but he says he's darned if he can work out how in goes on! The Camec place where he got it from had no idea either!!!!
I have asked a couple of times via private member message, but never received any response, so maybe the messages never got through to the person I directed them to...............
We are heading up to Kununurra in a couple of months and I know the bugs will be horrendous up there!
Cheers, Jan O
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 04:05

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 04:05
A message went to you earlier today, check your message inbox, for some reason the member message system is not flagging messages.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 575053

Reply By: Wadefarers - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 04:56

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 04:56
Jan

Could depend on the age of your door. It appears that older doors do not have the required "groove" that the caterpillar fits in to. Have a look at the edge of the door, if it is flat across the end the caterpillar will not attach.

We were in Camec today and found that out.

Regards

Jeff
AnswerID: 575054

Reply By: Shortcuts - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 20:18

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 20:18
Hi Rockgoc we have the same situation as you have. The person at camec who sold us the caterpillar had no idea and did not inform us that it only fitted on certain doors. As a result we bought it and can find no way of attaching to our door. We own a 98 BT. Lucky it was'nt a huge expense. But as a result we are looking for something to stop the bugs from entering when we head to the Kimberly in June.
AnswerID: 575055

Reply By: Dundee - Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 at 03:45

Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 at 03:45
All
I was about to go in and order one of these - but I don't actually know what it looks like - our door has a thin brush seal down the door edge - probably about 10 - 15 mm wide - is this the caterpillar ? or is it something additional.

I noticed that there is still a gap in our door at the lock point in particular, when only the screen door is open.

Our BT door is only about 6 months old so are they now installing this "seal " on current BT's

Can anyone describe this thing for me ?

Thanks,

AnswerID: 575056

Follow Up By: Turist - Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 at 04:38

Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 at 04:38
The brush seal is "The Caterpillar"
It has been fitted to the later Camec doors as standard.

I think that all the Camec Tri Lock doors have the small groove up the edge to accept this brush seal.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 849693

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 09:48

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 09:48
Hi All,
Can someone tell me where you get these seals? Are they available via the internet? At what cost?
We reside in the middle of the NT and it is BUG Heaven here, doesn't matter what you do they get in but these seals might help to minimise the numbers entering.
AnswerID: 575057

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 18:01

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 18:01
Camec
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 849694

Reply By: Rockgoc - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 08:05

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 08:05
We bought 2 metres of it at Camec in Perth, and Easy fitted it to the door today. No more spaces around the locks on the door. Bring on the bugs I say!!!
Now all I have to do is find a way to seal around the roof hatch a bit better than it is already. Huge gaps up there!
Cheers, From Jan O
AnswerID: 575058

Our Sponsors