Thetford Cassette toilet fridge - Fuse

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 at 18:40
ThreadID: 124689 Views:4783 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I had the occasion to help a fellow Bushtracker owner who had a Toilet that would not flush.
The water pump inside the unit would not come on.
We read the operation manual but found not comments regarding the electric pump or any form of wiring diagram which could show how it is connected. We thought perhaps there is a fuse in the circuit. But no mention of this in the manual.
I started with my voltmeter and found that there was power at a small 2 pin connector under the unit (after removing the cassette of course). At least power was getting to the unit so it was not a fuse etc from the batteries. We looked every where but could not find a fuse or fuse holder so assumed the power just went direct to the pump via the microswitch which seemed to be working OK.
Next went inside the unit and pulled the motor out, The pump seemed free in its movement so went back ouside under the unit again.
Finally using a mirror and strong lamp, saw something resemling an auto (flat blade) fuse holder but no fuse !!!! Plugged in a 10A fuse and all was well again in the world of Bushtrackers.

It appears the fuse vibrated loose and fell onto the cassette. When it was removed for emtying, the fuse was not noticed and it disappeared with the rubbish.
The fuse is in such an awkward position above the cassette that this will surely happen again to someone. As there is no mention of a fuse in the manual, it can be a most annoying problem.

Regards
Kurt
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob & Chris - Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 at 20:27

Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 at 20:27
Hi Kurt
Thetford Europe has a good a good info site.
www.thetford-europe.com
When that page opened for me, I clicked on Built-in Toilets.
Thetford Europe Web page opens,click on customer service top of page.
Click on user information in centre of page.
Click on spare parts centre of page.
Click on cassette Toilets.
If your cassette is C2 click on C2.
Then click open.You should have the spare parts list and diagrams
You do not have to buy genuine parts all the time.In my case the pump failed and I purchased a small marine pump locally at a third of the price.
Bob
AnswerID: 575059

Our Sponsors