Extractors on a LC V8 Petrol

Submitted: Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 03:01
ThreadID: 124695 Views:4149 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Yo Boggers,
We're looking into the possibility of upgrading the exhaust on our 4.7L V8 Petrol 100 series Landcruiser 5 speed auto.

We're thinking of a set of Extractors and replacing the rest of the system with 3"diameter pipes.

If anyone here has done a similar upgrade on that vehicle, we would be interested to hear what difference it gave to fuel economy and driving range whilst towing the BT.

Cheers
Rick & Julie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 03:39

Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 03:39
Rick,

I have a 2000 Lexus with that engine. Two tears ago I had a new chip fitted to the engine management system and new extractors aand a 3" exhaust.

Wife says it sounds like a hoons car. Blokes in town reckon it's the best sounding vehicle in Lorne!

Got about a 10-15% improvement in fuel economy and a lot more torque. I understand that the level of improvement on this engine in later models is not as dramatic because Toyota did do a lot of work on the EMS between 2000 and about 2004.

You could talk to the guys who did mine and see what they say and who your nearest dealer is.

The contact is - Dynomotive

Good luck!
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 575077

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 03:58

Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 03:58
Pete,
Thanks for that...yes, ours is a Dec 2003 model and has about 95,000k on it.
Right now we get between 25-28.5L/100k or between 3.5 - 4K per Litre..so an extra k per Litre would certainly take the worry out of remote travel distances....an extra kpl would equate to around 5 or 6 litres less every 100k's and probably increase our driving range on both tanks to around an extra 120-150k while towing.

Birdsville to Innamincka is 410k via Cordillo Downs and was no problem with our Kimberley Kamper at less than half the weight of the BT.....but the Bushtracker cuts our driving range to a level where you have to plan carefully before going too remote.

The best we have done is on the quiet outback roads where we are the only vehicle and travel to see the sights at between 40-60kph and then we get 22L/100k or 4.5k per Litre.

We looked at changing to a diesel, however the difference in price between the the 2 fuels is 15 cents per litre here in Armidale at the moment......It's a pity that solar doesn't cut the mustard...

Thanks for the tip Pete, I'll chase up Dynomotive.
Cheers
Rick
FollowupID: 849705

Our Sponsors