Towing mirrors electronic telescopic - F250

Submitted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 07:45
ThreadID: 124726 Views:4156 Replies:5 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
We went back to the eBay stockist and are happy with the product. Made in Taiwan, and were similar quality to the Ford mirrors we took off. Electrics clipped on easily. The only hard part was working out how to get the inner section of the door off to get to the electrics. Easy once you know how.

After initially ordering from Powerstrokeshop in USA, a huge hike in the cost of freight meant we put the order on hold for a while. We tried F Trucks in Perth who quoted on the non electronic, but could only supply one side. So with time running out, i ordered the eBay ones from Dandenong, and they arrived a few days later. Product seems good, and price better than either of the above quotes.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shortcuts - Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 07:35

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 07:35
Hi Motherhen when you say with time running out is that because you are heading North soon.
We have 2 1/2 weeks to go now , not that I'm counting.
Shortcuts
AnswerID: 575150

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 07:49

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 07:49
Hi Shortcuts

Yes - all being well we will leave late next week. We need to be in Wickham later in the month to baby sit son & d.i.l's dog while they go on a short overseas holiday, then we head further north. Caravan and F250 almost up to scratch. Rooster has packed, but i haven't yet. That's what the last day is for!

Are you heading for the NW?

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

FollowupID: 849739

Reply By: Shortcuts - Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 08:00

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 08:00
Yes motherhen we are heading up to do the Gibb River Road. We leave home at the end of May.
Shortcuts
AnswerID: 575151

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 08:13

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 08:13
We might meet up on the road. Our time frame and route is uncertain as yet, and when roughly planned, will be subject to change at whim. Son & d.i.l. don;t get back until 7 June, and we want to spend a while with them. It was planned for the week before their holiday, but we have been delayed by a medical issue, and us leaving next week still depends on the results. How long will you be in the NW?

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

FollowupID: 849740

Follow Up By: Shortcuts - Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 23:49

Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 23:49
We will be up there for the whole of June travelling the GRR and depending on how long that takes us we take in some other places if time permits.
FollowupID: 849741

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 23:54

Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 23:54
Hi Shortcuts

You may be a bit ahead of us, but if you do see us, call us on UHF 40.

Happy travels

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

FollowupID: 849742

Reply By: TripnTaps - Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 22:51

Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 22:51
Hi Motherhen,
Could you post your E-bay supplier at Dandenong (Vic)

We have busted the mirror in our Ford fitted telescopic mirror - was quoted about as much as a whole new assembly to replace just the mirror.... maybe this contact can help... worth a shot.

Cheers,
Helen
AnswerID: 575152

Follow Up By: Turist - Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 22:56

Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 22:56
G'Day Helen.
You could try VDC in Melbourne.
They were able to supply a replacement spotter mirror for my F250 extendable when I busted one.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

FollowupID: 849743

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 23:04

Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 23:04
Hi Helen

Site Link

The 'Buy It Now' listing is for the non telescopic, but in red further down the listing is the Electronic Telescopic we purchased. Communicate by 'Ask seller a question' to get the right ones. They are individually packed, so he may sell them one side only, although they are listed and quoted in pairs. He was a good communicator, and sent them promptly.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

FollowupID: 849744

Follow Up By: TripnTaps - Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 23:35

Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 23:35
Thanks Bob & Motherhen.... will follow those up - good leads; assuming VDC is listed as such on the YellowPages on line Bob in case that is my better option.

Safe travels all

Regards

Helen
FollowupID: 849745

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 00:41

Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 00:41
VDC = Vehicle Development Corporation.

They are out near the Ford plant.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

AnswerID: 575153

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 04:24

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 04:24
For those who have asked - the people i purchased the mirrors from through eBay have advised me they have shops in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Check their locations at -

www.eagleautoparts.com.au/

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

AnswerID: 575154

Our Sponsors