Great work that an Aussie Girl is doing in Cambodia

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 18, 2008 at 23:14
ThreadID: 124809 Views:3807 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

As many of our friends know in 2005 while in Cambodia we met a girl who was then 13 selling post cards and I decided that I wanted to help her. We have since returned twice to spend time with her and her family and have just returned home from our last trip there.

At about the same time 3 years ago a young lady from the Sunshine Coast, Deborah Groves also went to Cambodia and after seeing the plight of most of the population who live in small villages she returned and set up a charity called "Helping Hands Cambodia." It is now a registered charity and is helping a large number of very poor people near the Siem Reap area. Deborah is a photographer and runs a stall in a Siem Reap market selling photographs and other items to tourists to fund herself and her charity.

I know many people who are well off like almost all Bushtracker Owners are compared to most of the people in Cambodia like to help Aussies who are doing things to help others and thought that a plug for her charity work might get some of our members thinking about donating something to help her work.

I am attaching a copy of her latest newsletter that gives details of some of the work that she is doing In Cambodia so that members can read it and decide if they would like to help her.

I have no connection with Deborah other than meeting her in Siem Reap and seeing how 100% of any donations she gets goes to helping these poor people unlike many of the major charities who have a lot of overhead expenses.

Hello friend,

It seems that for quite a while I've mostly been sending out newsletters that only cover one small part of our work. So this time you'll find an overview of all the projects we currently have underway. Please click on this link and you will go straight to our project page.

Site Link

Warm regards,
Deborah and the Helping Hands team.

Deborah Groves
www.grovesphotography.com
www.helpinghandscambodia.com

Deborah Groves [grovesphotography@yahoo.com.au]

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Our Sponsors