Leaving Caravan

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 05:08
ThreadID: 124849 Views:4779 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, we have just arrived in Kunanurra and are preparing to go in to the Bungle Bungles with a tent. I was wondering what others have done with their van in this situation and wherever they left it, whether they would do it again or seek an alternative?

Cheers
John and Rose
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 05:42

Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 05:42
Hi John and Rose,

Contact the Warman Roadhouse - which is north of the Bungles turn-off. They have a locked compound for storing vans on the opposite side of the road to the roadhouse.

Cheers John
AnswerID: 575468

Reply By: Pixellator - Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 05:43

Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 05:43
Hi John and Rose
We used the secure enclosure opposite the Turkey Creek Roadhouse (Warmun). It's about 50km on the Kununurra side of the access road to Purnululu.
Cost us about $6 per day in June 2006.
Don't miss the helicopter flight from the airstrip within Purnululu.
Have a great trip.
Cheers
BobH
AnswerID: 575469

Reply By: Cargra - Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 16:36

Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 16:36
G'day John & Rose,

A couple of years ago there was a rest area called Spring Creek a couple of klms south of the turn-off to the Bungles where we left our van for the trip in.
There were heaps of other vans there, some camped for a few days so after chatting to some were comfortable leaving our van there for the day.
It is a lot closer than Turkey creek and saves the back-tracking and free. We actually stayed a couple of days as it was a pleasant spot.

cheers graham
AnswerID: 575470

Follow Up By:- Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 17:04

Sunday, Jul 06, 2008 at 17:04
Us to Graham a month back but it rained the night before and we abandoned the trip in and headed for the Tanami.

The best camping spot is at the creek but there is an overflow area up the bank if full up. It can be a busy place so plan an early arrival.

Ern
FollowupID: 849876

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Monday, Jul 07, 2008 at 09:13

Monday, Jul 07, 2008 at 09:13
Hi John and Rose

I have just gone on line after three weeks on and around Gibb River Road. We are in Wyndham and heading for Kununurra tomorrow, but understand CPs are booked out. We will leave van at Spring Creek when we get around to Purnululu.

May see you in Kununurra - we hafve met lots of BTs, and are parked right next to one here in Wyndham.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 575471

Our Sponsors