Fundraiser for the RFDS

Submitted: Monday, Jul 07, 2008 at 18:02
ThreadID: 124852 Views:4241 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This message has been posted on behalf of Member - "The Warren"

As a fellow Caravanner and member of this forum I am asking for your support in a very worthwhile cause "The Royal Flying Doctor service" (RFDS).
Myself and eight other pilots (4 British) are flying our Microlights around Australia raising money for the RFDS & Leukemia research. We depart Perth on the 12 July and arrive Darwin 28 July, Brisbane 12 August and return to Perth mid/end September depending on the weather.
Apart from the fact that we will have a lot of fun and see sights that a lot of us would only dream about, we are raising money for the above two organisations. We are doing this by two main methods;
1) Canvassing Companies and Individauls for donations directly to the RFDS and
2) For a donation of $80 to the RFDS we will take you as a passenger on any leg of the route. The passenger must then have their own transport at the end of the leg.

We have a web site - Youve Got Wings - which has a lot more information including a detailed itinerary if you are interested in being a passenger on a leg for some spectacular sight seeing.
From our web site you can also access the RFDS site directly to make a donation.

The RFDS is a magnificent organisation which offers us some peace of mind whilst we pursue our lifestyle of caravaning in some of the remote parts of this country. We probably all know of someone very close to us that has already used the RFDS and in some cases owe their lives to them.

Can you all please support this cause and have a look at our website and via the link make a donation to the RFDS.

I am also asking that if you do make a donation can you please post a response on this forum as I believe it will also prompt others to do the same and show what a great bunch of people the Australian caravaning people are.

Thank You
Roger B
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 2 Jays - Wednesday, Jul 09, 2008 at 05:55

Wednesday, Jul 09, 2008 at 05:55
A great idea and one which I think all BT owners should support. The RFDS is an organisation which I think we sometimes take for granted when we are in the bush, but would be everlastingly grateful if we were provided with aid because of an emergency - medical or otherwise.
A very worthwhile cause.

Jeff & Julie Pitts
AnswerID: 575477

Reply By: Boystoy - Tuesday, Jul 15, 2008 at 06:43

Tuesday, Jul 15, 2008 at 06:43
Pete,

Any details on the problems we have been hearing sketchy details on the radio.

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

AnswerID: 575478

Reply By: Motley - Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 at 05:45

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 at 05:45
Haven't heard anything other than on the radio Neil

Pete
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

AnswerID: 575479