A Rally Reminder

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 09, 2008 at 20:42
ThreadID: 124863 Views:3884 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Only 10 weeks until the Quilpie Rally.
Only 10 weeks to register if you are coming to the party.
Only 10 weeks to become a financial member if you have not already joined up.
Only 10 weeks to refresh your membership if you have let it lapse.

However, please do not leave it until the last moment, we need to closely estimate numbers attending as early as possible, helps no end with the catering etc.

At time of writing we have over 50 Bushtrackers confirmed so this looks like being a cracker of a Rally.

If you are new to the Group here are some reminders of our requirements if you wish to attend the Rally as a full financial member.
You must either own or have a deposit paid confirmed order for a Bushtracker Caravan.
So if you have a van on order with the factory then this is an opportune time to speak to some experienced owners and gather some ideas to incorporate into your final design.

If you do not qualify as a fiscal member you are still invited to visit, meet our members and talk Bushtracker stuff.
The only restriction placed upon you is that you must camp in an area adjacent to our main camp, not within the Group itself and you can not attend our AGM on Tuesday September 23rd or our catered events on a few evenings.

More details are in Post ID 4631 further down this page but here is a synopsis of the Rally.

Venue is the shores of Lake Houdraman, about 5 kilometres NW from Quilpie Qld.
A search on Google Earth will show a sat pic of the lake.
The Rally dates are September 20th to 26th, you may arrive and depart at any time.
For those interested the Quilpie Show & Rodeo is Sat Sept. 13th and the Quilpie Race Meeting is Sat Sept. 27th.

The Rally program is,
Sunday, welcome to the Rally and a wine tasting in the PM.
Monday, a spit roast dinner, market price, BYO vegies.
Tuesday, AGM & Election of Officers in the PM.
Wednesday, A camp oven cook off for afternoon tea
Thursday, a catered dinner, cost included in Rally fee.
Friday, a farewell afternoon tea.

Regards and looking forward to meeting you.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Saturday, Jul 12, 2008 at 09:22

Saturday, Jul 12, 2008 at 09:22
Hi Bob - it sounds like some rally! We will not be able to attend as our touring won't be taking us so far away. Hope the planning continues well.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 575500

Our Sponsors