Prodigy Brake Controller Problems

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 at 04:29
ThreadID: 124880 Views:4285 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks

Our Prodigy Brake Controller won’t lock up the van brakes under any circumstances or settings. There is an initial response when the manual knob is pushed across, but that initial response doesn’t seem to grow in strength. Four complete new brake assemblies fitted today (another story)

Does anyone else have this problem? (A quick search of the forum and archives doesn’t reveal an answer to this specific problem)

Cheers

Stephen
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 at 04:39

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 at 04:39
Stephen,

I had a problem some time ago which may be related. i could not dial up a voltage higher than about 1.5 volts. I normally set the controller to about 6.5 volts with the van on. So I couldn't even get close to locking up the brakes because the voltage was too low. I'm not technical, but have you checked what happens when you try to dial up a higher voltage?

I contacted the distributor. They asked me to send in the unit and called me one day later to say it was faulty and shipped me a new unit, no questions asked.

Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

AnswerID: 575537

Reply By: Mumbles & Mur - Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 at 05:55

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 at 05:55
Hi All.
Coincidence.
Not 3hrs ago I sent a message to BTI Sales siting similar problems with my Prodigy controller.
Without going into details I have never had confidence in the brakes in the 3500odd kms since hitching up. "Read".Just don't seem to work well on any setting.
I may have taken the wrong approach to the problem.
Can you give me a contact number for Prodigy please?
Cheers,
Ken
AnswerID: 575538

Follow Up By: Mumbles & Mur - Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 at 22:47

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 at 22:47
Went to point of purchase this am and explained problem to Manager.
He phoned Distributor while I waited and they acknowleged that there is a circuitry
fault in the Prodigy and are forwarding a new P3 model for exchange.
Ken
FollowupID: 849905

Reply By: Freewheelers - Tuesday, Jul 29, 2008 at 03:19

Tuesday, Jul 29, 2008 at 03:19
hi guys thanks for your replies
the bottom line was after an 80 km run in of the new shoes the van brakes are better than when the van was delivered
thanks again cheers
Stephen & Deborah

AnswerID: 575539

Our Sponsors