condensation

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 29, 2008 at 03:34
ThreadID: 124924 Views:4672 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hi guys
we get our share of condesation showing on the metal part within the van, windows, etc
my question is do double glazed windows have condensation problems inside the van on the glazing, on the metal frame do they help the general condensation problem
any other condensation combat tips would be appreciated
cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, Jul 29, 2008 at 07:05

Tuesday, Jul 29, 2008 at 07:05
Stop breathing. :-)

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

AnswerID: 575649

Follow Up By:- Tuesday, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:18

Tuesday, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:18
Yeah ......too much heavy breathing.

The top metalwork of the front window which is just above my head will condense body vapour and will drip onto the noggin. This undocumented inbuilt BT feature is mostly confined to winter when the van is shut up in an endeavour to keep from freezing to death.

If you are looking for the ceiling rafters this is a good time to do it........the location clearly visible with the condensation on the panelling.
Ern
FollowupID: 849970

Reply By: Here and Now - Saturday, Aug 02, 2008 at 20:39

Saturday, Aug 02, 2008 at 20:39
We have double glazing and have no condensation on them at all, but the usual amount on the ribs on the roof. Breathing masks vented to the outside might be a steady earner.
AnswerID: 575650

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Aug 03, 2008 at 02:48

Sunday, Aug 03, 2008 at 02:48
STG used to always say that Double Glazing doesn't make any difference, and anyone who asked for the Camec windows with double glazing was told that they were not available.

When a member showed him the Camec product numbers for their double glazed windows he then said that we will not fit them so stop asking or something to that affect. Not sure if he has changed his policy yet as a number of other suggestions brought up on this forum that had previously been rubbished are now standard items.

We have found that leaving one of the four seasons covers open a bit will stop some of the condensation on those cold nights.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 849971

Reply By: CD & JW - Saturday, Aug 02, 2008 at 21:14

Saturday, Aug 02, 2008 at 21:14
Jim and Penelope

Just to clarify - have you travelled very far south in the colder weather?

JW
AnswerID: 575651

Our Sponsors