Tristar 45 controller

Submitted: Monday, Aug 04, 2008 at 04:14
ThreadID: 124942 Views:4321 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have this unit? If there is anyone out there who understands what all the readouts mean, i would love to ask you some questions to help us understand it better.

Thanks

Motherhen

Still in Kununurra!
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Keith & Joan - Monday, Aug 04, 2008 at 17:43

Monday, Aug 04, 2008 at 17:43
Hi Motherhen, I have had a quick search on Google to see if I can get info on readouts, but nothing specific. Not knowing the info that you need, might I suggest you take a look at the web page below. It has a list of functions on the right hand column.

Site Link

If this is no help to you, you may have to give BTi a call and ask the people that installed it. I am sure you would have their number, but just in case, it is
07-4576-5833 or send them an email.

Meanwhile I will keep looking to see what else I can find for you.
If you could be more specific in what you are looking for, it would help to narrow the search down a bit. All the best. Keith & Joan.
AnswerID: 575693

Follow Up By: Keith & Joan - Monday, Aug 04, 2008 at 18:02

Monday, Aug 04, 2008 at 18:02
OK, here is the instruction manual, wiring diagram, and all the other info you could ever want on the Tristar 45.
Click the link below.

Site Link

Have fun, I hope this helps...... Regards, Keith & Joan.
FollowupID: 849997

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Tuesday, Aug 05, 2008 at 06:12

Tuesday, Aug 05, 2008 at 06:12
Thanks Keith & Joan for your research and assistance. The on line is really no different to the instruction manual which we had to nut out to install it. As 12 v stuff is rather different to what the run of the mill electrician does, even the owner of the local company we ordered it in through wasn't able to advise us. The only person who could, was the wonderful Ian Robinson (boatandcaravan.com.au) who we didn't buy it through, as we could get it from Perth quicker than from Qld. He set us right as it is so different to the Prostar which we had before, when i rang him in despair last Saturday. That meant running more wires everywhere!

Just need to understand all the displays - technical jargon is a bit beyind me. It is quite different to the simple Prostar, which we have now put into the F250 to replace the Steca - which had started misbehaving - like turning the load off (car fridge) as well as solar input when battery is charged.

Thanks for your thoughts

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 849998

Our Sponsors