water leak

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 20:56
ThreadID: 125032 Views:4580 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys,
Has anyone had a leak develope at the top of the door frame, i have a drip which seams to come from the head of one of the screws at the top of the frame. I have checked all the silicon seals on the outside above the door frame and on the roof above but all looks ok, any ideas
regards
Eric
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TripnTaps - Thursday, Sep 11, 2008 at 07:07

Thursday, Sep 11, 2008 at 07:07
Hi Eric...
I recall Jan & Easy BOG name Rockgoc had such a leak which was discussed at length when we went to the first Copeton rally - and I know they got it fixed.

Might be worthwhile giving them a PM.

Cheers,
Helen
AnswerID: 575916

Reply By: Dundee - Sunday, Sep 14, 2008 at 11:37

Sunday, Sep 14, 2008 at 11:37
Eric
I seem to have a similar dripping leak - same place ? - can't see where it could possibly be coming from - happens with or without the Awning up - can't see any problem with screws on top of BT - seems to drop at the base of door frame on door hinge side.

I'm suspecting its leaking somewhere else and travelling to this point.

I would be interested in what you discover with your leak.

Regards
Geoff

AnswerID: 575917

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Sep 14, 2008 at 18:10

Sunday, Sep 14, 2008 at 18:10
We had water leaking into the van coming in on the sloping front roof area. BTi couldn't find it and I eventually accidentally found the source.

While standing on a ladder trying to find a problem with silicon seal along the top of the awning I put my hand on the roof for some support and it just happened to be between roof supports and the sheeting pushed down. When the sheeting pushed down it exposed an area between the roof sheeting and the awning so I presumed that when there was a pool of water on the roof that the weight of the water pushed the sheeting down and then allowed water to leak in.

I then cut the silicon seal away in that area and then used a couple of bricks to weigh the sheeting down while I filled the gap with silicon. After the silicon had dried I removed the bricks and since then have had no further water leak.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 575918

Follow Up By: Eric & Gail - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2008 at 06:18

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2008 at 06:18
Hi Brian,
I have had a look at your suggestion today, roof sheeting seems to be ok, I have a solar panel above my door, BTI fitted it last year, there seams to be plenty of seka flex around the screws so I don,t think it is that, i will have to do some water testing I guess. Hope you guys have a great time at the rally, sorry we cant make it, thought we might have seen you at the Gympie muster there were 6 BTs at Pollsens Hill this year and no rain.
Regards
Eric
FollowupID: 850127

Our Sponsors