Quilpie Rally Bulletin

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 11, 2008 at 01:58
ThreadID: 125036 Views:4365 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Quilpie Rally Bulletin.

Along with several other Boggers we are now camped on the Rally site at Lake Houdroman.

The weather is good, clear blue sky, warm days, cool nights.
Perfect camping conditions.
A few inches of rain last week has filled the lake, the Bulloo River is up and flowing strongly and the grass is green.

We are requesting that all drivers engage 4WD as soon as you leave the highway and head out to the camp.
The track has been graded for us and is in very good condition, using 4WD will help it stay that way.

To assist our volunteer registration staff please be sure to bring a copy of your Rally payment receipt.

Please register your attendance between 11:00 am and 12 noon on either Sat 20th or Sun 21st.
The registration desk will be in the marquee.

We are now able to confirm that there will be a wine tasting in the marquee on Sunday 21st at 16:00 Hrs.
Bring a plate of nibblies and join the crowd, this is the opportunity to meet everyone prior to the start of the Rally.

Please note that there is no pharmacy in Quilpie, the nearest is Charleville, so if you have a requirement for prescription medications top up before you get here.

Regards
Bob (AKA Turist)

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Flipp'n Lorry - Thursday, Sep 11, 2008 at 19:52

Thursday, Sep 11, 2008 at 19:52
Bob
Sounds like a lot of fun once again.... sorry we can't be there this year but Family has got in the way.... have fun... and we will be looking at the emails after the event
Lorraine
AnswerID: 575924

Reply By: Fred & Marj - Thursday, Sep 11, 2008 at 23:30

Thursday, Sep 11, 2008 at 23:30
Hi Bob

Good to hear that news - we attended the Met station this morning for a weather balloon release and guess what - we were told from it's data that Charleville is in for rain today and/or tomorrow let's hope its just a shower in Quilpie.

See you there on Friday afternoon - don't know about payment receipt I paid electronically ! But the registration process is supposed to have details of payment I thought ?

Regards

wayne
Helen & Wayne

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 575925

Our Sponsors