Sage Investment Advise

Submitted: Monday, Oct 27, 2008 at 06:16
ThreadID: 125158 Views:3873 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
In these trying times good investment advice is hard to come by - but this made a LOT of sense.

If you had purchased $1,000 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago, you would have $49 left.

With Fannie Mae, you would have $2.50 left of the original $1,000.

With AIG, you would have less than $15 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drunk all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminium recycling REFUND, you would have $214 cash.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle

Cheers John and the Dragon
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Oct 27, 2008 at 06:30

Monday, Oct 27, 2008 at 06:30
John,

By the weaving your vehicle is doing in the attached water crossing photo it looks like you had been emptying a can or two.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 576212

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Monday, Oct 27, 2008 at 07:01

Monday, Oct 27, 2008 at 07:01
Boy! Oh! Boy! Do you need a life!
At least look at the stars as you sit around a campfire at night! They never diminish! Ha, Ha, Ha :-) - now what is the symbol for rolling around laughing! Fancy working that one out. It is amazing! Can I copy it to work please!

Now that I have settled down - it sure makes one think doesn't it. Also - is that under the new South Aust. can etc deposit regime of 10c a container, or under the old one of 5c a container - even then it was still worthwhile doing some pick ups.

We certainly do our bit re can pick ups - mostly thrown into the 'A' frame mesh after which the cans are squashed and bagged for the bin at home. Lil' ol' ali nuggets now at 10c each! :-) Yep! even if marked 5c deposit if sold in South Australia, one will get 10c.

Cheers - Ian & Sally
AnswerID: 576213

Follow Up By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Wednesday, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:03

Wednesday, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:03
Hi Guys,
Go for your life, my Broker sent it to me....

Cheers

John
FollowupID: 850278

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Oct 27, 2008 at 17:38

Monday, Oct 27, 2008 at 17:38
Have a friend who has a business next to a scrap metal merchant. All sales have stopped due to a screw up in the financial process this stuff goes through when it's shipped overseas.
A bloke turned up the other day with a truckload of crushed cans and he left them there without payment. Looks like the business will have to shut up shop.
AnswerID: 576214

Our Sponsors