My next problem is with the water pump - getting sick of me yet !

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 06:11
ThreadID: 125181 Views:4280 Replies:5 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
As I mentioned a couple of posts earlier , I have just returned from a short trip to the Golden Triangle. I had a few problems.

When my potable tank ran out of water, it's water pump would not turn off. Every time I had pumped water out of one of the other tanks, I had to turn the PUMPS off at the main switch, to stop the potable pump from staying on.

What causes this and how do I fix it please?

Thanks a lot,

Willie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ski Ali - Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 07:23

Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 07:23
Hello Willie.
The pumps on the BT are switched on and off by rising and falling water pressure. I take it that you only have the one potable water tank, same as me. If it runs out of water the pump cannot get the pressure up to the cut out switch setting and it will continue to run trying to reach the pressure. Our BT has a switch for each of the pumps as well as the main circuit breaker. If our potable tank runs out of water we can switch it off until we refill it. You should have a similar set up. Look for the switches in the cupboard local to the pumps. We have ours in the small key/valve locker near the door.
Regards
Col
AnswerID: 576259

Follow Up By: Willie - Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 08:03

Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 08:03
OK, thanks Col. Because the pumps on the other tanks don't need to be turned off when they are empty, it never occured to me that this might be necessary.
Cheers,
Willie.
FollowupID: 850318

Follow Up By: Mobi Condo - Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 08:20

Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 08:20
Nah! - Never sick of folks who post - 'specially when a few GOLD clues come too!
:-).
In actual fact we are learning heaps from all the questions and answers.
Cheers - Ian & Sally
FollowupID: 850319

Follow Up By: Willie - Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 22:15

Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 22:15
Ian and Sally,
Are you "detectorists"?
Willie.
FollowupID: 850320

Follow Up By: Mobi Condo - Friday, Nov 07, 2008 at 03:50

Friday, Nov 07, 2008 at 03:50
More like Wannabe detectorists! Mainly Ian, as he picks up rocks and looks and smashes and lives in that everlasting hope that the rock will reveal great gobs of yellow shiny stuff. We have a DSE $99 "metal detector" with which we have found myriads of tent pegs, ring pulls and ancient al cans!
We have a small home made dolly and length of bar which acts as a ram when hit with a mash hammer when quartz gets crushed, then a pan for mainly dry work, but none of that yella stuff yet!
Cheers - Ian & Sally
FollowupID: 850321

Reply By: Willie - Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 18:16

Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 18:16
Yet another problem I have - there is three catches that lock the screen door to the main door. The three male parts on the screen piece have lots bits or all of their lugs.

I just looked at the Camec sight under the heading DOORS, but could not see this part. Can anybody tell me the part number and where I can mail order it?

Thanks heaps,

Willie.
AnswerID: 576260

Follow Up By: Uncle Dodgy - Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 21:12

Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 21:12
BELAY ALL THAT WILLIE

Suffering from more speed makes less haste, or something.

Try this. Go to the Camec home page (http address above)
Select the Catalogue button at the top of the page.
Press the RV Button
On the left side of the page click on Section 70 which relates to doors shades and hatches. (Patience, it takes a while to load sometimes)
Scroll down to around page 5.
When ordering state the side the hinges are on when viewed from the outside.
Contacts as per the contact us button at the top of the Home page.

Regards
John
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

FollowupID: 850322

Reply By: Uncle Dodgy - Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 20:37

Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 20:37
Greetings Willie

Try the following. Go to www.camec.com.au/
Then selsct Products
Then press the (Carravan Accessories Button)
Then scrolldown down to the doors section which starts at page 111 (Page 110 is a notes page and is blank), then look at page 117 which show a schematic of a tripple lock door with part numbers.

Hope this helps

Regards
John
John & Sharyn

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

AnswerID: 576261

Follow Up By: Uncle Dodgy - Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 20:45

Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 20:45
Sorry Willie, I forgot to add that the "Contact Us" button at the top of the home page for Camec will give you a selection of contact details around Australia and NZ.

Regards
John
John & Sharyn

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 850323

Reply By: Willie - Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 22:14

Thursday, Nov 06, 2008 at 22:14
John,
I found it where you said.
Thanks very much for your help.
Willie.
AnswerID: 576262

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Nov 07, 2008 at 01:08

Friday, Nov 07, 2008 at 01:08
Hi Willie

I usually turn the pumps off as soon as i have finished using them, to save the occasional "brrrrrm" noise in the night. The drinking water pump turned off satisfactorily though. The main pump tended to keep turning back on this trip - maybe a few leaks developing in the hoses, which are all being replaced anyway.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 576263

Follow Up By: Willie - Friday, Nov 07, 2008 at 04:11

Friday, Nov 07, 2008 at 04:11
Our pumps are controlled by a unknown powers. Be very careful.
FollowupID: 850324

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Nov 07, 2008 at 08:26

Friday, Nov 07, 2008 at 08:26
These pumps are really a mini version of the 240 v pressure pumps we use at home, which don't stop when the tank runs dry - they just keep going until they burn out.

As i am always there when the water runs out in the caravan, I just switch to the other tank, so on reflection, they don't turn off when the water supply runs dry, just like the pumps at home.

Mh

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 850325

Our Sponsors