Cupboard Hinges - spring shut

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 23:20
ThreadID: 125243 Views:3565 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We have purchased many styles of cupboard hinges - mostly flimsy. I can't recall where we got these which are sturdier and spring shut. The internet caravan parts shops only show the usual flat ones.

I can't master photos in threads, and Add Gallery Picture is not active, but i have a photo of the hinge in my picture gallery.

All ideas welcomed. Thanks

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Keith & Joan - Wednesday, Dec 10, 2008 at 02:25

Wednesday, Dec 10, 2008 at 02:25
Hi Motherhen, these are standard hinges used in all BT's. Ask Steve G to post you some.
Regards, Keith & Joan.
AnswerID: 576483

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Dec 14, 2008 at 21:15

Sunday, Dec 14, 2008 at 21:15
The Standard hinges can be purchased from Bunnings stores.

Although BTi will not admit it and if you ask about it you will be the 1 in 1000 to have had the problem, but a lot of caravans suffer hinge failure in the hinges that are on doors running length ways along the van.

After breaking about a dozen hinges I fitted blocks on the inside of the non hinge side of the door so that it supports the door against the inside of the cupboard. When the van is pitching while travelling along the road it causes movement of the doors that run length ways along the van and this is what causes the hinge failure. I have had the doors supported for over 2 years now and have not broken another hinge.

The fridge door also needs to be supported to prevent hinge damage.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 850460

Our Sponsors