Bio-Diesel?

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 10, 2008 at 22:13
ThreadID: 125247 Views:3569 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
How many of you use it? Any comments or concerns? I topped up both tanks yesterday heading south from Perth @ 131.9 C/L Other stations we passed varied hugely from 1.37 to 1.45.

If the old 100 Series oil-burner karks-it I will let you know.

Back in the land of the sun again after 10 weeks in UK Yea !!!

Save Travels

John and Jean
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Thursday, Dec 11, 2008 at 03:33

Thursday, Dec 11, 2008 at 03:33
John you must have had it bad in the UK if you think today is sunny, black skies & rain down these parts :-)

I tend not to use bio diesel, IF i had to i would but it's not my normal practice.
Personally i think Gull & it's 20% blend is more a sales ploy, the price difference you have mentioned is not that different when you take into account any discount vouchers offered from other retailers. But saying that I also believe we need companies like Gull, Liberty to give some competition to the likes of Shell & BP & their records profits

Site Link

RAC info on Bio Diesel.

Site Link

I know a couple of guys over east who make their own bio diesel from fish & chip oil, thats all they use to run their 1HZ Cruisers and have done for a few years.

AnswerID: 576493

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, Dec 11, 2008 at 08:54

Thursday, Dec 11, 2008 at 08:54
Hi John and Jean and welcome home. As Mick says, we have had horrible weather (for this time of the year). Shocking for harvest time and for fly strike in sheep.

The RAC magazine printed the major manufacturer's recommendations for use of bio diesel quite some months ago (non compliance would void warranty). I thought I'd cut it out to save, but can't find it in my messy office. Some said none at all; others varying percentages. From this we chose not to use it in either the 3 litre Patrol or the F250. We haven't had to consider it with the Cruiser, as it is fuelled closer to home where there is no choice but fossil fuel.

Motherheh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 576494

Our Sponsors