Small BT seen today in Angaston SA

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 05:44
ThreadID: 125314 Views:3946 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Today we saw a very small (comparatively) BT in the Barossa town of SA. It was a single axle, and about 14 to 16 foot in length. I didn't know they came that small. Looked a very neat unit. And it had NT number plates (we come from the nT but have just moved to SA and now live in the Barossa. Still have nT number plates as we are about to trade the car in...).

Anyone know who today's van belongs to?
Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 08:31

Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 08:31
Hi Chris - Unusual with single axle. There are a few 14 and 16 footers around, but all i have seen have dual.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 576734

Follow Up By: Croozer - Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 16:59

Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 16:59
Mrs Hen, there is a single axle BT advertised on the rvpoint site currently, so there must be a few in existence.

Cheers
FollowupID: 850579

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 20:35

Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 20:35
I met a single retired man about 3-4 years ago at Boggabilla with a single axle 14 ft van and he was not that friendly and was not interested in our club so that was the end of that conversation.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 850580

Reply By: ChrisVal7 - Friday, Jan 16, 2009 at 04:24

Friday, Jan 16, 2009 at 04:24
Hi Motherhen!
Yes, it certainly took us by surprise, given its size. We know that the BT owners previously from Batchelor in the NT (the 'Jaunting Jordans") have a smaller van, and we wondered if it was them. Last I heard from them, they were in Borroloolla, NT.
Chris
AnswerID: 576735

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Jan 16, 2009 at 05:50

Friday, Jan 16, 2009 at 05:50
Theirs is 18' and dual wheels. There are quite a few with 16', but the only 14's i know are Happy Camper (of sand duning fame) - duals or he would have really been stuck on the beach, WA members Shortcuts who i didn't quite coincide with in the NW last year so haven't seen their rig, and Suzitracker - tray mounted on Isuzu truck. Then there is the one Brian met. There are probably a few small BTs out there. I find we when see a BT on the road, usually they don't answer on two-way or we are travelling in a vehicle without two-way. Probably around half of the ones i get to speak to are on the BOG. Some don't have internet at all. Although most we met on our trip last year (all but one in the Kimberley) are members here, even if not all active members.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

FollowupID: 850581

Reply By: Shortcuts - Saturday, Jan 17, 2009 at 21:03

Saturday, Jan 17, 2009 at 21:03
Hi Chris it was,nt us. We own a 14ft BT but it is not single axle and is currently sitting in the shed as we are unable to get away in it at the moment. Saw the 16ft single axle advertised on the RVpoint site. Must say I was a bit surprised at it being a single axle. We love our little 14 footer for our present needs. You would be surprised at how much bench space it has.
AnswerID: 576736

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 00:00

Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 00:00
Hi Chris,

We are currently in Elliott and look like spending 09 at the school here! Have you two finally retired for good or are you on an extended break? Yep, Motherhen is right, ours is 18' and dual axle but have seen one or two 16-17' ers out at King Ash Bay or passing through Elliott in the Dry.

Enjoy the wine of the area while you are in the Barossa and if any of the Boggers are passing through Elliott, do call in to say hello. You will find us at the school during school term and if it is a weekend just ask at the servos or pub and they will direct you. We thoroughly enjoyed catching up with Keith's group last year.
Prue
AnswerID: 576737

Reply By: ChrisVal7 - Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 02:38

Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 02:38
Wonderful to see you on the site Prue, and to hear your whereabouts. We passed through Elliot on the way down (obviously!). I should have remembered what footage your van was!! Val spent the last six months acting principal out at Peppimenarti, a wonderful experience. We did take the van out there, although we had a house for the duration. It got some surprise looks from traffic - they must have thought we were lost tourists. He says he has retired again now...

I wonder if we will ever hear who it was at Angaston!
Chris
AnswerID: 576738

Our Sponsors