suspension

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 22:31
ThreadID: 125322 Views:3552 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
we don't own a bustracker van, but we are still happy travelers like yourselves. we would like to ask for information on simplicity suspension. if anyone in bushtracker land can help us we would be grateful. we have a 21 foot van with duel suspension, the problem is the noise coming from the suspension. it creaks and groans when winding the van up or down and when traveling over uneven ground. what can we do to lesson the noise?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 22:37

Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 22:37
I sprayed some TAC-2 grease (pressure pack can, very sticky, available form Supercheap, Autobarn etc) around the moving bits of the suspension and no more noise!
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 576761

Reply By: Silver and Tinks - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 01:40

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 01:40
Hi Guys

AS well as some silicone spray have you checked the centre bolt through the pivot block in the centre of the spring is tight.

To lubricate the spring you to jack the van and get the spring to hang so the lubricant will go completely between the spring leaves.

Scott
AnswerID: 576762

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 02:47

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 02:47
Perhaps time for a reminder to check those pivot blocks (spring seats) often. Ours were OK when we left, but when we came to grief, we discovered one had disintegrated, hence a contributing factor to most of the problems we encountered.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 576763

Our Sponsors