COMPUTER QUESTION

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 06:37
ThreadID: 125343 Views:3623 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Some time ago I saw that there was an Internet Explorer 8 available and down loaded it, but I find that it is not compatible with a lot of Internet programs.

What I would like to do is go back to Internet Explorer 7 but I do not know how to go about it. I am running Vista on this computer.

Are there any computer experts out there that know how to go about it?

Brian

Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 07:40

Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 07:40
Brian,

My two bobs worth. Leave IE8 there and download Mozilla Firefox. It's faster, more secure and easier to use. Except for Google Maps and thts when you use IE8

Pete
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

AnswerID: 576807

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 06:24

Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 06:24
Took your advice Pete and downloaded Mozilla Firefox, and now all the programs that I was having problems with operate correctly.

Thank you for the advice.

Brian

FollowupID: 850608

Reply By: Andy1 - Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 at 23:05

Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 at 23:05
Brian

I have been using the Beta Version of IE8 for some time, no problems with any websites xcept loging out of the odd password protected a/c has been a minor issue.

The final Version of IE8 was issued today & seems OK.

I am no particular Microsoft fan but do like the regular security updates. All systems have some flaws.

Andy
AnswerID: 576808

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 at 23:30

Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 at 23:30
"All systems have some flaws"

Except Mac's :-)

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

FollowupID: 850609

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 00:23

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 00:23
Andy,
I found that with IE8 that one web site that I wanted to go to kept saying download the latest version of IE 7 so that you can read this web site. It would not let IE8 open it.

On the BOG web site in the managers Update of membership area I used to be able to do an update and then go back one page and do the next one. IE8 forced me to go right back to home page and then go in via about 3 steps to get to the next entry and the last problem I had was that a friend invited me to join Tagged which is a web site similar to Facebook. There is a logout and a couple of other tags that light up in IE7 and you can use them but IE8 would not let me logout.

For everything else, I agree with you that IE8 operates good.

Brian

FollowupID: 850610

Our Sponsors