1000K BT service in Melbourne

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:18
ThreadID: 125374 Views:3636 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings all,
After many long months of waiting we picked up our new 21Ft BT last week and have arrived back in Melbourne this morning to prepare for our first major expedition to WA to start next month. We now need to have our 1000K service done and would appreciate advice from anyone who can recommend a caravan service centre in Melbourne that we can use for this and future service needs.
Appreciate your advice.
Ross and Pam
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:59

Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:59
From my own experience, I'm not sure that a 1,000km service is really necessary. However if anything was going to be drastically wrong at this stage, it's probably going to be on the suspension and/or brakes. In which case the best place for the service is the suspension manufacturer, N.P Hauffe Pty Ltd in Epping. Call Richard on 9401 4077.

Hope this helps.
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 576953

Reply By: Sassy Sam - Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 08:28

Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 08:28
Welcome to the wonderful life of Bushtracking. I had my 1000K service done, on arriving back in Melbourne after picking up my BT, by Hardings Caravan Services in Bayswater. Contact no. 03 9729 8477. That was 5 years ago.
On returning to Melbourne, after spending 2 years in WA I returned to Hardings for some maintenance issues and a general service again. They were very helpful and efficient at all times.
Depending on where you are located in Melbourne I would highly reccomend them and they have had experience with my BT at least.

Good luck and enjoy WA. It is a fabulous state and I can't wait to get back there and finish my exploring.

Regards
Sheryl
AnswerID: 576954

Our Sponsors