Help for bushfires

Submitted: Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 19:18
ThreadID: 125379 Views:3561 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Not that it is for me to suggest but a thought so many people have no where to live that if caravan owners not using their van close by could offer the use of their van for families that are destitute and on the brink.
Lets all band together and donate all we can to help our fellow Australians suffering at this time.
My thoughts are with all affected by this unbelieveable occurrance.

Sue
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Roderick - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 19:27

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 19:27
A great idea Sue. What better temporary housing on site while the house is being rebuilt. I am in Bright so not out of the woods yet.
Roderick
AnswerID: 576964

Follow Up By: Boystoy - Saturday, Feb 14, 2009 at 04:56

Saturday, Feb 14, 2009 at 04:56
I have registered as a volunteer tradesman for a couple of months (electrical & carpentery) when the reconstruction begins. As a Bushtracker owner, we are self-sufficient regarding accomodation needs, plus we have a generator, and all of the necessary tools for either trade.

If you wish to register, call 1800 227 228. Your name & capabilities go onto a database, & will be called upon when needed.

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 850714

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 02, 2009 at 22:47

Monday, Mar 02, 2009 at 22:47
Graeme & I are part of the community of Marysville that has been decimated by by Black Saturday fires. We have lost home, business, rental home, contents of both, 2000 Harley Fat Boy, 21FT BUSHTRACKER THAT IS NOTHING MORE THAN A PUDDLE OF ALUMINIUM,plus contents, fishing gear, tools, stamp collection, wine collection.

HOWEVER WE ARE VERY LUCKY because our extended family of nine are all safe and now residing in Alexandra where we were evacuated to.

We intend to purchase another bushtracker as we need to get away and clear our brains.

If anyone is selling their Bushtracker please let us know on 0408 100 590 or stay@allawahcottages.com.au.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Kind Regards
Jenny & Gramee
AnswerID: 576965

Our Sponsors