Budget Stimulus (Modified) :)

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 15, 2009 at 07:44
ThreadID: 125395 Views:3686 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Stimulus Info...

"This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?
A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the Australian economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Target, all the money will go to China .
If you spend it on Petrol it will go to the Arabs.
If you purchase a computer it will go to India ..
If you buy a car it will go to Japan .
If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan ..

And none of it will help the Australian economy.

We need to keep that money here in Australia .. You can keep the money here by spending it at yard sales, going to a footy game, or spend it on beer and wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still in this country. And try and keep a sense of humor.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Feb 15, 2009 at 18:15

Sunday, Feb 15, 2009 at 18:15
You could use it on a deposit for a BT but I think Steve is going to want you to gather up the cheques from about 10 of your mates to go with it.

Even the Australian flag is made in China.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 577011

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Feb 15, 2009 at 21:41

Sunday, Feb 15, 2009 at 21:41
Most of the members of this forum don't have kids going to school and will not get any benefit out of that part and are either working with above average income so as to be able to afford a Bushtracker in the first place, or retired and not paying taxes, so there will not be many of us receiving any benefit out of the package anyway.

I know that I won't be checking my letter box for a cheque.

Brian

FollowupID: 850744

Reply By: Boystoy - Monday, Feb 16, 2009 at 04:24

Monday, Feb 16, 2009 at 04:24
People ask me "What do you do with my retirement?"
My reply is, "I travel Australia and provide financial assistance to Outback towns and communities"
We always spend wherever we stop, & only purchase items in large centres that are not normally available in the outback.
We purchase tours when available in towns, souvenirs, local produce & goods, & don't mind paying a bit more for things, because we realise why they cost a bit more.
We repay the general friendliness of the outback people by supporting their communities, & feel good in doing so, & help our fellow Aussies to survive.

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

AnswerID: 577012

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Feb 25, 2009 at 21:02

Wednesday, Feb 25, 2009 at 21:02
This might help people understand it better. I have just received this in an email.

Shortly after class, an economics student approaches his economics professor and says, "I don't understand this stimulus bill. Can you explain it to me?"
The professor replied, "I don't have any time to explain it at my office, but if you come over to my house on Saturday and help me with my weekend project, I'll be glad to explain it to you." The student agreed.
At the agreed-upon time, the student showed up at the professor’s house.
The professor stated that the weekend project involved his backyard pool.
They both went out back to the pool, and the professor handed the student a bucket. Demonstrating with his own bucket, the professor said, "First, go over to the deep end, and fill your bucket with as much water as you can." The student did as he was instructed.
The professor then continued, "Follow me over to the shallow end, and then dump all the water from your bucket into it." The student was naturally confused, but did as he was told. The professor then explained they were going to do this many more times, and began walking back to the deep end of the pool.
The confused student asked, "Excuse me, but why are we doing this?"
The professor matter-of-factly stated that he was trying to make the shallow end much deeper.
The student didn't think the economics professor was serious, but figured that he would find out the real story soon enough.
However, after the 6th trip between the shallow end and the deep end, the student began to become worried that his economics professor had gone mad. The student finally replied, "All we're doing is wasting valuable time and effort on unproductive pursuits. Even worse, when this process is all over, everything will be at the same level it was before, so all you'll really have accomplished is the destruction of what could have been truly productive action!"
The professor put down his bucket and replied with a smile, "Congratulations. You now understand the stimulus bill."

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. -
Thomas Jefferson

AnswerID: 577013

Our Sponsors