Lane Cove River Caravan Park

Submitted: Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 01:30
ThreadID: 125594 Views:3830 Replies:2 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
I was at the Rosehill Caravan and camping Show today looking at all the new vans and gadgets.

Bushtracker was there, but no 17 foot light was on display, just three 19 foot plus.

One thing I found that amazed me, was the existence of the Lane Cove River Tourist Park. This is only ten minutes from my home and yet it is so tucked away, I never realised it existed.

A caravan park with 300 sites, surrounded by bush, right smack bang in the middle of Sydney - two minutes from the freeway to take you into the city. It is run by National Parks NSW.

I must go down there and have a good look around.

Cheers,

Willie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 03:41

Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 03:41
Hey Willie,
Us Adelaideans have known of it for YEARS! It is the ambiton of us "country town, back water" dwellers to aim for there and then do Sydney over via the public transport system so as to avoid that Sydney Snarl youse call traffic! :-)
I'll reckon that you would have a choice spot here in our back yard which we would be unaware of as well - goes both ways!
Cheers - Ian & Sally
AnswerID: 577622

Follow Up By: Willie - Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 04:21

Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 04:21
It will be even better for you now, as there is a station just opposite the cemetry, for the brand new ( and still free ! ) Epping to Chatswood underground railway line.
Willie.
FollowupID: 851153

Reply By: Gone Bush - Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 04:37

Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 04:37
Hullo Willie,

it certainly looks nice doesn't it? Wonder if it's full of Funnel Web spiders??? I rarely go to Sydney but my arachnaphobia goes into full tilt whenever I do.

Another fabulous, unique site we've seen, but not used, yet, is right on the beach at our favourite place in QLD: Mooloolaba.

It's actually closer to the beach than the shops and apartments.

I googled the website and found it but the link is down at the moment, so I can't show you.

All these places to explore. Roll on September when we pick up our Gin Palace as you quite accurately described it some time ago.

cheers
AnswerID: 577623

Follow Up By: Willie - Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 04:56

Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 04:56
Stephen,

No funnel web would dare enter a BT uninvited. Wash your mouth out.

Willie.
FollowupID: 851154

Follow Up By: Seymour & Wanda - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 04:16

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 04:16
Hi Stephen

As we are picking our BT up in Oct ., we are looking for some where to stay, what is the name of the Mooloolaba CP you are talking about.

Thanks and Cheers
Brad & Denise
Brad & Denise
Travelling in "Seymour and Wanda", to wander and see more.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 851155

Follow Up By: Gone Bush - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 06:54

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 06:54
I'll find the info Brad & Denise, but it's not one you would stay at while actually doing the pickup. I believe Big 4 Forest Glen is the choice there (even tho their prices are a bit mystifying).

This one at Mooloolaba is small and squeazy. It is part of another one a few streets away.

Google "Mooloolaba Caravan park" and you will see a website. The link was down when I tried to open it but there was a map which can change to Google Earth. If you follow the beach on the sat photo just up to the left a bit you will see all these vans parked right on the beach.

FollowupID: 851156

Follow Up By: Seymour & Wanda - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 22:06

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 22:06
Stephen thanks for that.

Brad
Brad & Denise

FollowupID: 851157

Follow Up By: Pixellator - Monday, Apr 27, 2009 at 09:18

Monday, Apr 27, 2009 at 09:18
site 32 or 33 at Mooloolaba Beacfront are in our opinion the best- a bit easier to get into, plenty of grass, and you can reverse with the back of the van almost hanging over the edge. A bit hard to get into the park these days, previously you just rocked up and rang the main cp office on the 1800 phone in the laundry. Bill the manager is fairly obliging, but some folk seem to stay for a long time. There's also a drop cable gate there now- trap 1 if you don't have the gate code- try reversing out!
Trap 2 is to go right down to the end 'turnaraound area' and try to turn with a BT on the back. Character building to say the least!
Digital TV reception is now good since they installed a transmitter antenna thingy.
I would still recommend Cotton Tree or Forest Glen if you are just picking up a new van- closer to BT and easier to access. There's also a big Bunnings not far from Cotton Tree- you'll certainly need that.
Enjoy, good luck
BobH
FollowupID: 851158

Follow Up By: Seymour & Wanda - Monday, Apr 27, 2009 at 20:17

Monday, Apr 27, 2009 at 20:17
Thanks BobH
All this info is very helpfull.
The next 5 months is looking like a long time ,especially reading where BT's are or heading for, I think we will have to stop reading the BOG.

Cheers
Brad & Denise
Brad & Denise

FollowupID: 851159

Our Sponsors