Interesting interview on DVD - re 4x4's

Submitted: Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 07:08
ThreadID: 125597 Views:3387 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Now before you get them shot guns aimed - I am going to mention the Caravan & Motor home magazine "free" DVD!
Plus I really do not want to start a pro / con 4x4 thingy here!
How ever a foremost Australian has made a significant comment - well I believe so any way.
The DVD that was with issue 125, has an interview with one Clean Up Australia Day's Ian Kiernan (Sp?) who says quite clearly that the majority of 4x4 drivers are responsible and do lots for the environment! Hm! It should be broad cast far and wide that one!
Cheers - Ian for Ian & Sally
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shortcuts - Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 19:35

Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 19:35
Hi Ian we saw that interview as well and its nice to hear it because it is true that most of the 4x4 drivers are responsible and love the enviroment that is why they want to get out there in the first place. Its always a few that ruin it for the majority.
AnswerID: 577631

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 23:16

Friday, Apr 24, 2009 at 23:16
And many of the clubs like the Landrovers Owners Club (majority are LC's these days) do a lot of track repair work and dune stabilisation working in conjunction with DEC and similiar organisations interstate.

Unfortunately there are, as in any population, a few individuals that don't give a rats and also a few that just don't have a clue and some that should never have left Mother.

John
AnswerID: 577632

Reply By: Ski Clubbers - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 01:28

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 01:28
Couldn't agree more. Having been a past member of a 4 wheel club that was involved in clean ups and track repair I have seen the mess left by inconsiderate others and they are probably the first to complain when tracks or areas are closed to the public.
AnswerID: 577633

Our Sponsors