Rally attendance

Submitted: Monday, May 18, 2009 at 00:12
ThreadID: 125666 Views:3646 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello All, my husband and I hope to be putting a deposit down for our bushtracker in late July/August. We have received our notice regarding the next rally in Victoria and we were wondering whether or not we are able to come to the rally and which days would be best as I understand as we are not owners yet we can not attend all facets of the muster. We would really like to see other bushtracker layouts and get ideas before we set our layout in concrete. We have already picked out colour schemes and had two visits to the factory, Just getting the finances sorted. Can't wait to be part of the big bushtracker family.

Teresa
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boystoy - Monday, May 18, 2009 at 04:08

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 04:08
Hi Tereesa,

New members are welcome at our musters. You will meet a lot of Bushtracker owners, who will give you an unbelievable amount of advice on Bushtrackers.
We leave it to you to sort out the bits you need, but you will find the visit worthwhile.

Look forward to seeing you both.

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 577800

Reply By: Travelling Twosome - Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 05:10

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 05:10
Hi Teresa

We have had our BT for just over 12 months and we attended a rally in Copeton before we finalised our layout. We went in our Jayco and it was a hoot when we drove in among all the BT's. Attending the rally was the best thing we ever did and there were other people there who were in the design stage as well! We got heaps of great ideas and took photos so we could remember what we had seen. We also met some great people and ended up travelling with one couple we met at the rally to the NT last year. We also met some others on the road and it was lovely to catch up with them and discuss vans etc. The group at the rally were so friendly - don't hesitate to go to the rally but don't forget to take your camera and a note book!

Cheers

Lyn
Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 577801

Reply By: Magik Kar-Pet Riders - Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 07:31

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 07:31
Teresa,

Recommend you take the opportunity to attend the rally (read muster) as we did last year at Quilpie. We opted to stay at the caravan park in our CT away from the muster site. We do not take delivery of our 20' BT until mid September.

The members at Quilpie were more than willing to share their experiences and many made their vans available for "open-house" inspections. We went there to learn and, to feed off their input as to layout designs, tow vehicle and accesories etc. We were overwhelmed by the overall willingness to share ideas and give advice, for and against, our perceived concept ideas. The experience left us more confused than we anticipated as there are so many different options that can be incorporated to suit your personal lifestyle .

In the meantime, we have changed our choice of tow vehicle and are "developing" our F250 to suit our particular requirements. The layout design is virtually complete and with BTi. The process thus far has been very good.

We will be attending the Brisbane Caravan and Motorhome Show in the coming weeks still on the look out for new ideas.

Go for it.

Cheers,

Karen & Pete
AnswerID: 577802

Follow Up By: B & T with BT - Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 17:23

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 17:23
thank you everybody for your advice now all we have to do is arrange time of work, we are looking forward to meeting the BT family. Every time we pass one on the road we both say "bushtracker" and laugh at ourselves but hopefully our time will not be too far away.

Thanks again

Teresa
FollowupID: 851259

Our Sponsors