Liquid Napisan??

Submitted: Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 03:03
ThreadID: 125717 Views:5146 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
The napisan seems to be working well in the Thetford, but it is sometimes a bit of a pain having to get hot water and then dissolve the powder and then put it into the tank. Yes, I know in life's grand vista, it doesn't amount to much, but still....
Has anyone come across a "liquid" Napisan, or found any easy way to dissolve the stuff?
Rick
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 07:22

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 07:22
Fair dinkum Rick & Julie ...... with an instantaneous gas hot water system or gas hotplates ...... it can't get any easier , how easy do you want it ? :-)) ....... [T.I.C]

You could always have a container dissolved ready to go for the next dose ......just stay one step ahead :-)
AnswerID: 577925

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 10:46

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 10:46
We have only used Bio Magic so far, but i use the Nappy Plus stuff at home as a soaker and deodoriser with cold water. It seems to dissolve OK with a bit of a stir or a swill around. I'm sure if it hasn't completed dissolved when you add it to the tank, a few kilometres on the road will do the trick.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 577926

Reply By: Keith & Joan - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 16:42

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 16:42
Hi The Brake-aways,
I never bother to dissolve the Napisan (or Woollies version of it ) I just chuck it in the cassette and let it do its job. I also put it in the top tank, which makes the bowl VERY slippery, nothing gets stuck where it shouldn't !!
I think Napisan is the greatest thing since .... well anything really. This is the only product that has worked 100% for us with no smells and easy to use. We empty it every 3 to 4 days and it is no trouble at all.
Thetford chemicals.... Phew !! ( and expensive)
Bio magic..... Phew, phew phew !!!!!!! (and even more expensive )
Napisan ..... What smell ???? ( Cheap as chips )

All the best, Keith & Joan.
AnswerID: 577927

Follow Up By: Bocky - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 18:19

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 18:19
Hi Keith & Joan,

About to try Napisan, what brand and dosage do I use both in the top tank and the bottom tank ?

Regards Brian
Regards,
Brian & Linda

"Such is Life"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 851323

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 22:05

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 22:05
Hi Brian and Linda

The ones to use are the Coles and Woollies brands; Napicare Plus and Nappy Treatment Plus. We are still on Bio Magic, but will take one of the above with us this time.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

FollowupID: 851324

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Tuesday, Jun 02, 2009 at 22:08

Tuesday, Jun 02, 2009 at 22:08
We use the Oxy-Axtive el-cheapo version it has 34% of the sodium percarbonate active ingrediant compared to about 24% for most of the other derivitives. Use a heaped tablespoon full

Routine is empty the tank, double rinse add the the powder - mostly dissolved in about 500 ml of warm water - then add another 500ml just to rinse out the mix container. M/T very three days - or when full.

Also great for soaking dirty clothes or add to wash mix

John
AnswerID: 577928

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Jun 02, 2009 at 22:15

Tuesday, Jun 02, 2009 at 22:15
John,

I hope you don't soak the dirty clothes in the same place. {smile}

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 851325

Reply By: Titans - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:06

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:06
Hi Rick

We have been using the el cheapo version of nappy san for a while now. All we do is tip a bit into the cap, open the loo from the top and tip it in then just give it a little flush, not too much. We have never had any problems or smells.

We do the same for the top tank, we just add it from the top, then we top it up with the shower hose.

Its all too easy.

Lola
AnswerID: 577929

Our Sponsors