new van

Submitted: Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 01:59
ThreadID: 125772 Views:3444 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
can anyone help with info re after sales service ie.any problems. just looking at buying our first bushtracker tank
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Hob - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 02:24

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 02:24
We picked ours up in Nov last year. It hasn't been too far yet and there have been no problems. I forgot some of the info given at pickup and just asked again and even went back a couple of times but all was well and they gladly gave the info I required and showed me which switch to press etc.

The greatest asset of the BT is this forum which goes with it. From here you get the latest thinking, updates of equipment etc and most importantly you get maintenance info, advice on use of the van and being a forum it is always on tap 24hrs a day.

You'll also get advice/ backup from other owners etc as sometimes different setups need different resolutions and owners can be very inventive and give you lots of choices.

Bushtracker and their staff do not sell and forget in any shape or form as a good read of this forum will show. They are only a phone call away to answer queries and always looking for improvement.

If you haven't do so yet I would highly recommend a factory tour to see how they are really put together and the quality of workmanship under the outer cladding. It is time well spent and will answer many questions for you.

As Steve has said elsewhere, they are many that are on their second or even third BT as upgrades etc so something must be done right.

You are certainly looking in the right place.

Alan

A very satisfied owner.
AnswerID: 578050

Follow Up By: 1tank666 - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 02:45

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 02:45
the hob,
thanks mate we r looking at a 20' unit and spoke to steve at bushtracker today and i guess he was just having a bad day but he seemed a bit terse. life is like that
still seems like the best van out there. i was trying to get info using the build #

thanks again

tank
FollowupID: 851404

Follow Up By: The Hob - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 05:46

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 05:46
Tank

Steve is quite a character and has deterred some - however - speak to his staff like Phillip and you will get a different impression.

Alan
FollowupID: 851405

Reply By: Innkeepers - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 20:04

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 20:04
Hi Tank,
We have travelled some of the worst roads in this country as the majority of Members here have. Some are considered caravan killers. Last year we went out through Cameron Corner, across the Strzelecki and up to Innamincka and then out to Coongie Lake. It didn't even enter our heads to leave the van at Innamincka and camp in a tent at Coongie because the road was too rough. We did notice a bunch of vans parked up on the clay pan at Innamincka though and wondered if it was a Used Van Lot. We took our home comforts with us.

What is a comforting thought though is that when you travel those bulldust roads and pull up by a waterhole or on a clay pan for the night.....you've just towed your nights accommodation and home comforts over some of the worst bulldust...so bad that you lose sight of your van in the rear view mirrors at times...and when at days end, you open the door and go inside there is not a speck of dust to be seen.

We have family travelling the Red Centre right now in their new "Off Road" Van and are dismayed by the dust clean up every time they stop....Wouldn't do us to have bulldust on the pillow.

That's why we love our Bushtracker....and as for Steve, well you either Love him or you Hate him or you learn to work around him.....either way he does have the credit of building the best bar none Off Road Van in this country and we would certainly have another Bushtracker.

2 Years ago when our Bushtracker was 4 years old, we were camped by a waterhole in S.W Queensland and we had a problem with out Battery Charger. We were able to access e-mail via Next G on our laptop so that night I sent off an e-mail to Steve. sales@bushtracker.com. I had a reply that same night from Steve himself and one of his staff rang us the next morning to assist us with our enquiry.

In our experience, the after sales service is electric and our van wasn't in warranty.

Last year after our gruelling 4000k's of corrugations and bulldust travel we e-mailed Steve with a "Thank You for designing and building the Best Off Road Van". After all that punishment we had lost a machined screw from the griller door and a cabinet door hinge had a crack in it. Far from the usual major breakages from other van makes.

Steve's response was to post us a couple of replacement screws and 2 new hinges free of charge. He may be hard to take for some, but under neath it all he does care about the ownership experiences of each Bushtracker out there.

So for after sales service, our experience has been first class and in these uncertain times of economic stablilty that has seen Boroma and Roadstar shut their doors and cease trading.....We have the peace of mind knowing that Bushtracker is only an e-mail or phone call away should we need it.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rick & Julie
AnswerID: 578051

Our Sponsors