Storage Cairns and Townsville

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 18:42
ThreadID: 125817 Views:3038 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
We are needing storage for our BT and F250 for about 3 weeks from the middle of July in either Cairns or Townsville, heading home to the Gold Coast for a grandkids fix, have any fellow Boggers used any storage in these cities, any suggestions appreciated. We are in the free camp 12km north of Atherton heading for Cooktown, Port Douglas.
Regards
Eric
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Yogi and Muffin - Wednesday, Jul 01, 2009 at 05:51

Wednesday, Jul 01, 2009 at 05:51
Hi Eric:
2 years ago we were planning to store our van in Cairns at the Big 4 park in the forested part of town (Crystal Brook I think) for a similar period. Did not get the chance as that was the year I bombed out near Marla in mid-June, but as I recall the rates were reasonable and it seemed like a secure option for 3-4 weeks.
There are several options there due to the number of folk who travel in groups to Cape York (who don't have the luxury of a decent off-road van to take into that region!!), so I would check it out on your way south.
We did a similar thing the year before, using the park on the southern approach to Rockhampton with absolutely no problems at all.
Enjoy your time with the grand-kids - they are great time-wasters even in the first few months, but what a joy to be members of the grandparent brigade at last!!!!!
Regards
Jan
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 578182

Our Sponsors