Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 18, 2009 at 00:32
ThreadID: 125956 Views:8397 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Image Could Not Be Found

Looks good.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Firefly - Tuesday, Aug 18, 2009 at 06:13

Tuesday, Aug 18, 2009 at 06:13
This coupling looks to be a good option to the dreadful coupling that came with the BT.

Has any member used it and able to compare with the original? I am keen to change to something better. Currently travelling and have had problems disconnecting every day.
AnswerID: 578632

Follow Up By: 1tank666 - Tuesday, Aug 18, 2009 at 06:56

Tuesday, Aug 18, 2009 at 06:56
Hey all got the van a few weeks back caught up with Bushtrackerman and nick-n-off. had to stop in to steves world in kunda park ,an experience.Needed batteries and a rubber suspension block got a tirade from himself re transporting a genset on the tow bar subsequently checked with both transport and a gas fitter no worries!!!! But i digress you either love or not. Does any one know the brand and supplier of the hitch shown above?

smilin in Bowen
tank-nark and prue
FollowupID: 851668

Follow Up By: Pixellator - Tuesday, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:03

Tuesday, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:03
Have a look at Site Link
BT apparently have made an addition to the hitch receiver to facilitate use of the WDH.
Vehicle Components should be able to help you if you don't wish to venture to Kunda Park.
BobH
FollowupID: 851669

Follow Up By: Pixellator - Tuesday, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:15

Tuesday, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:15
Hey Firefly
addendum:
The AT-35 is certainly an acquired skill, but I have few difficulties these days. There are some good pointers on the BT Forum Site Link
The first thing I do after settling on the site, and before unhitching, is to go back and forward a little, to take out any tension resulting from twisting the wheels while manoeuvring. Then, before starting to unhitch, I chock the tyres firmly fore and aft. This, combined with Steve's advice on detecting the 'neutral position' up and down on the hitch, has made unhitching much easier. Some people bag him (fairly or unfairly), but there are certainly some excellent resources to be found.
I don't use a jockey wheel... I have had Vehicle Components fit one of their jacks on the A-frame- the best thing since sliced bread!
BobH
keeping an open mind...
FollowupID: 851670

Our Sponsors