outside shower

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 03:30
ThreadID: 125965 Views:4016 Replies:8 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi first post

We are just finalizing design of our Bushtracker we have on order and would appreciate any comments regarding outside shower - whether it is worth having or not
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Searenity - Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 04:23

Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 04:23
Hi Royboy

We have the outdoor shower unit and use it to wash down our kayaks.

Good luck with your decision making.'

Searenity
AnswerID: 578656

Reply By: Flipp'n Lorry - Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 04:53

Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 04:53
We have had two BT's - both fitted with the outdoor shower. Whilst we don't use it very often, it can be very handy in certain situations (eg camps with mud and dirt).

I have also rigged up a system to connect portable Lemair washing machine (which we normally carry in back of tow vehicle) to the external shower hose for warm water washing.
AnswerID: 578657

Follow Up By: Pixellator - Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 05:15

Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 05:15
How much does an outdoor shower cost?
Why not use a hose on the A-frame tap (you are hving that aren't you?), and connect a spray/hose fitting? Methinks a lot less expensive for that occasional use, especially if you're only using it to wash down things! Works for me. The only difference is that you won't have hot water.
BobH
FollowupID: 851677

Reply By: Tracks n About - Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 06:12

Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 06:12
G'Day,
We've got an outdoor shower in our BT which we've made good use of for the last 5 years. The BT that is,not the shower !!! Never used it. Thought it might be good to hose down Shan,our Blue Heeler. But the hose is far too short to even do that. What we make very good use of, is the tap we have fitted on the frame just behind the back door just behind the taillight assembly. Have about a metre of hose that we attach to it with a trigger nozzle. If you do get the external shower,make sure they fit a piece of angle over it. Is the only place we've ever had a water leak,till the angle was fitted. Apparently the sealant doesn't take to the material that the shower unit is made of.
Another tip is to be sure to get the larger cargo bay doors. Just asked Steve yesterday why the hell he doesn't just fit the larger doors standard. Answer was so people can keep the cost of their BT down if they wish. I was sick of these smaller doors within the first 12 months !!
Lawrie.
AnswerID: 578658

Reply By: Maitland Bushies - Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 06:16

Thursday, Aug 20, 2009 at 06:16
We have hot and cold taps on the A frame and use them a lot. The hot is great for cleaning camp ovens and things you would not put in the sink.
AnswerID: 578659

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Friday, Aug 21, 2009 at 01:43

Friday, Aug 21, 2009 at 01:43
Very rarely use the outside shower - maybe twice in four years. The tap on the A frame and the 'SuckerLine' get used a lot.

Cheers John
AnswerID: 578660

Reply By: Uncle Dodgy - Saturday, Aug 22, 2009 at 03:21

Saturday, Aug 22, 2009 at 03:21
Our outside shower was originaly requested to clean down grubby (muddy) grandsons before they come into the BT. but find that we use it more often to top up the Thetford flush tank, which is within reach of the outside shower hose on our BT.
The supply of cold water to the A frame I think is a must. Hot water there would be a nice option.
The provision of a town water hose inlet connection with pressure reducer, so that you can connect direct to town water when it is available, is a sometimes useful option.

Cheers
John
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

AnswerID: 578661

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Aug 22, 2009 at 04:38

Saturday, Aug 22, 2009 at 04:38
We have had our van for 8 years and do not have an outside shower, and have never seen the need to have one.

As for using an outside shower hose for filling the toilet top tank, the easiest way to do that is to use the inside shower hose, take the toilet roll holder out and fill from inside. The toilet roll holder just lifts out and has an O ring to make the seal.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 578662

Reply By: royboy - Saturday, Aug 22, 2009 at 22:25

Saturday, Aug 22, 2009 at 22:25
Thanks very much for all your comments and advice most appreciated i think we will give the shower a miss . I like the idea of the hot water being available on the A frame so will look into it.

Regards Royboy
AnswerID: 578663

Our Sponsors