New Hitch photos

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 22, 2009 at 01:11
ThreadID: 125977 Views:6538 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Some pictures of a new Hitch that won the under $1000 new inventers at AgQuip.
This is a prototype and will be refined when it goes into production ready for January. The main difference is there is no movement on the pin only in the universal hence there is no wear.
Sorry added pictures twice to post
Will have to learn to read before pushing "enter"
!MPG:12!!MPG:13!!MPG:14!!MPG:15!!MPG:16!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Aug 22, 2009 at 02:34

Saturday, Aug 22, 2009 at 02:34
I think I'll stick with the AT35 for a while.
AnswerID: 578684

Reply By: Silver Fox - Monday, Aug 24, 2009 at 23:42

Monday, Aug 24, 2009 at 23:42
I wonder what max weight it is registered for? It bothers me that the tension is only on one point and not top + bottom as with AT35. Once one learns to "shuffle" the rig back and forth a few mms before attempting to un-hitch. Then the AT35 is not so difficult to use. I always finish off a "shuffle" with a slight forward movement so as the vehicle is wanting to pull away from the BT. The main trick is the height of the BT being just right with the vehicle before pulling up on the pin. cheers.
AnswerID: 578685

Reply By: Bonnidowns - Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 02:56

Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 02:56
The hitch will be available in 3.5t, 6t and 10t models
We just took his card and will follow up in a few months,
We don't have any problems with the AT35 and will need to buy a new hitch late in the year, so if better design comes along we will investigate.

AnswerID: 578686

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Sep 17, 2009 at 03:54

Thursday, Sep 17, 2009 at 03:54
Hi guys, first let me introduce myself, my name is Joe McGinnes and I am the inventor of the McHitch Uniglide trailer coupling. I’m no stranger to towing and couplings as I myself have a 27ft Matilda motor home which I use to tow either of my two race cars, the first being a silver fox XW Falcon and the other being a Wild Violet XY GT.

After numerous trips to Perth and back(from N.S.W.) and wearing out traditional tow balls and couplings in a single return trip, I started to search for something better. I was surprised not only by the amount of alternate couplings on the market but the fact that ALL of them both lock to the tow vehicle and pivot on the one point! Out of necessity, the McHitch Uniglide coupling was born.

I’ve decided to sign up to the forum and give a brief rundown of the McHitch coupling as I’ve had quite a bit of interest from some of the members on your boards asking about availability, pricing etc.

The McHitch Uniglide trailer coupling has been developed to be an all purpose coupler for all types of trailers including ,off road campers, car trailers, caravans, horse trailers, tipping trailers and every type of tow situation out there. At the moment we have three prototypes in 3.5 tonne, 6 tonne and 10 tonne versions. The most important feature of our coupling is the use of a universal to handle all of the horizontal/vertical movements, up to 90 degrees horizontally AND vertically with the twisting being handled in the rear body by shock absorbing urethane bushes. The universal joint itself and the rear body are both fully grease able..

The main body is clamped over the tapered pin by a triple locking mechanism with NO movement between pin and the body. Once the coupling is lowered onto the tapered pin, the handwheel is then tightened down into the female thread on top of the pin, creating a tight contoured fit onto the pin which cannot vibrate loose due to a locking ratchet mechanism.-with no movement what-so-ever. After which, a hitch receiver pin is inserted through the coupling.

We hope to have final production models available for sale in the early new year, and in the meantime the website will be updated periodically to reflect this, with pictures of final release models, videos, testimonials, predicted pricing etc.

Thankyou for your interest, and we hope to see you at the Australian National Field Days which takes place at Orange from the 20th of October to the 22nd, where we hope to take out the top spot yet again as inventor of the year!

AnswerID: 578687

Our Sponsors