RACQ ULTIMATE COVER

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 25, 2009 at 01:57
ThreadID: 125983 Views:4744 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
The RACQ has recently added another level of cover above the ULTRA that they have had for some time. The new level is RACQ ULTIMATE and is available for $249 per annum. and Queensland residents might like to have a look at the web site for full details.

The benefits that it gives to caravan owners are very good.

Roadside service up to 200km
Towing 100km in any direction or 200km to RACQ Depot
Special towing after breakdown. Up to $250 p.a. Badly bogged or special equipment required.
Legal Representation. Up to $300 p.a.
Emergency Fuel. Up to $100 p.a.
Emergency message facility
Member Guides. 2 free issues per year
Emergency locksmith. Up to $300 p.a.
Rental vehicle after towing. 3 days - up to $330 p.a.
Accident & Theft assistance. as above.
Windscreen chip. 1 chip/crack repair up to $80 p.a. on nominated vehicle.

Travel benefits when 100km or more from home and repairs are estimated by RACQ to take longer than 24 hours
Accommodation: RACQ arranges & pays (up to 12 nights)
Rental Vehicle: RACQ arranges & pays (up to 12 days)
Alternative Passenger Transport: RACQ arranges & pays (for driver and 5 passengers)
Vehicle Recovery: RACQ arranges & pays
Urgent Spare Parts location: RACQ arranges. (member pays)

CARAVAN & Trailer Assistance: RACQ arranges & pays (Recovery, accommodation assistance & trailer hire benefits) 100km in any direction or 200km to RACQ Depot
** A caravan is described as up to 23 ft including draw-bar which could cause a problem)**
Accident & Theft Assistance: RACQ arranges & pays. (Rental vehicle and Accommodation benefits apply)
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GoneTroppo - Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 20:16

Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 20:16
I was just looking at that the other day. The devil is in the fine print, they say that for vehicles from 2.5t to 4t gvm restrictions apply, I have yet to find out what thery are.

Vehicles over 4t gvm are not coverd at all which puts all F250's on the outer.

Do you have any more info on their restrictions (I was onhold for about 10 minutes the other day but couldn't wait)
AnswerID: 578707

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 20:45

Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 20:45
The restrictions usually apply to having to get special towing equipment to tow the vehicle.

I have had 2 occasions to have to have our F250 vehicle towed. Once was in Canberra where I put unleaded in the diesel tank, and NRMA made me pay the towing fee for being over 2.5 tonnes and then when I sent the account with a letter to RACQ they refunded me the fees.
The other was when we had a broken wire going to the injectors and it was running very rough when I went to start it at home. The local RACQ tow truck came around but wasn't big enough and he called a big flat top and they towed it to Ford. This time there was no question about the weight and it was towed for free.

Brian

FollowupID: 851698

Follow Up By: GoneTroppo - Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 20:58

Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 20:58
Interesting comments Brian.

Is that the experience with RACQ (and other states) generally or are there issues where they argue about attending where it's a F250 or other heavier vehicles?

cheers
Chris
FollowupID: 851699

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 23:11

Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 23:11
Chris,

These are only what I have experienced. I suppose others will soon add comments of how they have been treated by the various motoring organisations.

Brian

FollowupID: 851700

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Aug 31, 2009 at 23:51

Monday, Aug 31, 2009 at 23:51
I would have rather not finding out how RACQ Ultimate operate, but after I broke a spring on the F250 yesterday, I rang them and they have rung back a number of times, and gave me the options available including the transport of vehicle and caravan back home for repairs.

I chose the option of paid accommodation and the use of a hire car, but unfortunately Hire Cars are not available in Hay.

So far I must say that the RACQ have been very good in the way that they have dealt with us.

Brian

AnswerID: 578708

Our Sponsors