Tyre Pressure Monitors

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 26, 2009 at 08:40
ThreadID: 125987 Views:3687 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have had Pressure Pro tyre monitors on both my F250 and BT for approx the last 3 years. They have performed faultlessly and have indicated on 2 separate occasions that a BT tyre pressure was less than it should have been. After reading on the forum of the trouble others have had when one of the van tyres has deflated, with out the driver of the tow vehicle realizing and the subsequent damage and cost caused. I thought it was timely to give some feedback on the above units.
My van has done in excess of 40,000kms with them on, a number of those over some sever corrugations ( ie Gibb River Rd, Savanah Way and numerous others). The only issue was on the first trip when I had each tyre unit mounted directly onto the original rubber tubeless valve stem, one of the stems had a small leak at the base. This was overcome by changing the valve stems to steel. ( mag wheel valve stems freely available at any tyre store ). The units are excellent and very easy to install and operate.

They are available from RV Systems ( www.rvsystems.com.au ) and currently they have a special on for the 4x4 show. A friend of mine has just been quoted $853 for a unit with 8 tyre monitors.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, Aug 27, 2009 at 01:45

Thursday, Aug 27, 2009 at 01:45
Thanks for the good feedback Rabbits

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 578718

Our Sponsors