Caravan Park at Agnes Water

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 10, 2009 at 23:13
ThreadID: 126111 Views:4454 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
For those interested,

The Caravan Park at Agnes Water Beach will be reopened by Xmas(hopefully)
The old Caravan Park was sold to developers for the development of multi million dollar units a few years back. That has fallen through and a local developer has bought it and work has started on the caravan sites and bungalos.
The crane ( our large wind direction monitor), an eyesore, has been removed.It had been there for a few years.
Local businesses said they lost a lot of trade when the park closed, so hopefully that will return.

Cheers
Dianne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The paca people - Friday, Oct 16, 2009 at 00:16

Friday, Oct 16, 2009 at 00:16
Hi Di,
Great news BUT where is Agness Waters ?
Cheers from Martin B
AnswerID: 579059

Reply By: The Hob - Friday, Oct 16, 2009 at 17:59

Friday, Oct 16, 2009 at 17:59
Agnes Waters is north of Bundaberg and on the coast east of Miriam Vale.

A nice part of the world.

Alan
AnswerID: 579060

Reply By: Maximus - Saturday, Oct 17, 2009 at 03:15

Saturday, Oct 17, 2009 at 03:15
After being there a few months ago, I would have to say that it was better when last there , in 1969...

Barrie

AnswerID: 579061

Reply By: Freewheelers - Friday, Oct 23, 2009 at 05:50

Friday, Oct 23, 2009 at 05:50
Hi All,

We were in Agnes Water a couple of weeks ago, and noted the resuscitation of the beachside cara park (dormant, with said crane when we were there a couple of years ago).

But there is another alternative for BOGgers, at Workmans Beach, at the southern end of Agnes Water, turnoff about 200 mtrs past the Police Station. A shire-run 'low impact camping area', it costs $5.50pp/night. For that you get a sandy campsite on a forested dune (light shade, we ran the genny for an hour or so neach day to top up the batteries) with walking track down to a glorious beach.There are composting toilets, a tap (boil water) an outdoor shower, and free gas barbecues, plus a regular garbage collection. A ranger comes around each morning (very early, to catch the young whizzbangers before they take off) , and if you stay a week, you get the 7th night free. We loved it, stayed there a week. Only alternative was 1770 cara park at $35/night. It's also lovely, we've stayed there before, right on the beach, but was very crowded due to school hols.

We also struck it lucky with the local markets (about 6 per year, I think) and bought heaps of good fresh local produce for a song.

Cheers, Deb
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 579062

Our Sponsors