Problems Trying to Renew Membership Online

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 24, 2009 at 20:05
ThreadID: 126133 Views:3822 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks,

Have tried a couple of times to renew membership online.

I've gone to Owners Forum, - Members - My Home - OnLine Renewal Purchase. Brings up screen headed Bushtracker Owners Group Shop, but rest of the screen is blank, and message bottom left of screen reads 'Error on page'.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with our laptop, or is it a BOG website problem?

Cheers, Deb
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Oct 24, 2009 at 20:56

Saturday, Oct 24, 2009 at 20:56
Deb,

It opened fine for me. It might have just been a glitch in the system.

When will you be calling through this way?

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 579129

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 06:37

Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 06:37
Brian...our membership is not due until next year but I went to the same links as Deb and got the same result she described....so you as a committee member must have access permission on the web site that we plebs do not.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rick
FollowupID: 851905

Follow Up By: Freewheelers - Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 20:40

Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 20:40
Thanks Rick,
I tried again this morning with same result

Cheers Deb
Stephen & Deborah

FollowupID: 851906

Reply By: Yogi and Muffin - Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 20:41

Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 20:41
Hi Brian - seems this is a problem depending on some people's setting in their ISP/email accouints. We had the same problem, then I decided to try using the control key when I tried to access the info at various stages, which allowed full access. Our membership renewal will come via direct debit later today.
Use of the control key, held while tapping the connection to and within the sale process allowed us to complete the transaction and generate the email from IT Betond. Hope that helps others.
Regards,
Jan
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 579130

Follow Up By: Yogi and Muffin - Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 20:52

Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 20:52
Hi Folks - sorry about the typos in my last post, but I now find that to navigate around the exploroz shop using our link requires one to open EVERY PAGE in a new link!
Think IT Beyond may have to have another look at the access protocols to fix this as it becomes VERY MESSY AND FRUSTRATING!
Regards,
Jan
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 851907

Reply By: Freewheelers - Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 20:49

Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 20:49
Hi Brian,

Sorry, I thought I posted this on Owners Forum.

Same problem when I tried again this morning.

The plan was to renew subs now, and pick up cards from you on the way through, which should be 7-14 days. We leave Hervey Bay today,. heading for Inskip Point, want to laze for a few days.

Should I leave the whole thing until we see you, or post payment to the Vic PO Box now?

Cheers Deb
Stephen & Deborah

AnswerID: 579131

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 21:27

Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 at 21:27
Deb,

I don't Know what is going on with it because it worked properly with my 29 member number then I used your 209 member number and password and it logged in straight away.

I think it must have something to do with cookies and files that are saved on individual computers, but someone with a lot more IT knowledge than me will have to solve this.

Deb, You can do it on line when you are at our house.

Brian

FollowupID: 851908

Reply By: Freewheelers - Monday, Oct 26, 2009 at 04:47

Monday, Oct 26, 2009 at 04:47
OK Brian, will do, and thanks.

I did try using the Ctrl button last week and it didn't work, but after Jan's post this morning I tried again, and for the first time got the shopping cart, but lost it when I clicked on Renew Annual Membership (forgot to use Ctrl for that click). Had to pack up and travel, but tried again with Ctrl just now, and am back to square one again - i.e. the BOG Shop with an empty screen and 'Error on page' message down the bottom.

This thing's bugging the hell out of me, but I'm not going to waste any more time on it. We look forward to seeing you and Margaret next week or two.

Jan, thanks for the reminder - it got me one step further,

Cheers, Deb
Stephen & Deborah

AnswerID: 579132

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Oct 26, 2009 at 08:02

Monday, Oct 26, 2009 at 08:02
Deb and others,

I have sent an email to the IT guru to ask him to look into the problem and see if he can work out what the problem is.

Brian

FollowupID: 851909

Our Sponsors