gas connection & Swift Stove

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 27, 2009 at 04:29
ThreadID: 126143 Views:3745 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Had trouble with our stove in our new BT.Rang Peter at BT early on our 4mth trip around OZ.Received no reply from Peter or the gas man from BT.After 2mths battling with the stove rang Swift direct.I called his recommended no in Perth.Dean from Freedom Gas in Perth,replaced the faulty regulator serviced the stove and all has worked perfectly since.
BT have let us down very badly.
1..This work should have been done before delivery.
2..I received absolutley no help from them on our maiden trip??
3..I am getting nowhere with reimbursments from BT.
Had a couple of other little hiccups but otherwise very very happy with our new 19ft BT.
For the sake of a little attention I find this very dissapointing.
Wonder if others have had similar problems??
Phil E
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Tuesday, Oct 27, 2009 at 07:42

Tuesday, Oct 27, 2009 at 07:42
We had problems with a swift stove on previous van and dealt with Swift direct, we received outstanding service to the point of a tech coming out to meet us at Melb Ferry Terminal after hours! Our present BT needs two of the top burners looked at, they havent been working for 12 months, this reminds me to contact Swift direct again.

# 1 - pre-delivery checks do not always turn up problems .. some arise after delivery

#2 - I can offer no reason other than to say our calls have always been returned

#3 - I don't know the BT policy but generally warranty is for repair by authorised service agents and any other costs are up to purchaser, freight / postage etc

I do think if any problems arise with appliances such as stove / fridge / A/C etc they are dealt with by the appliance manufacturer.

Good to hear it's all working, it's not uncommon to have regulators play up.

AnswerID: 579151

Our Sponsors