For the younger or fitter.

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:37
ThreadID: 126163 Views:3797 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Had some great pics sent to me from this forum,and I do not mean any disrespect.Are there any under 50,s travelling or over, mind you that love foot work, cavening ,photography,Hunting in the real sence,I guess I am looking for a bit of a hippy type with spunk to do some travelling with (Couple that is or convoy),Must be fit or like me ,getting a bit high on the hog and wanting to be alive again,Although still slim minus a little hair and now the teeth are failing me as well as the eyes a bit, But my heads not flat and my eyes arn,t dull and I still have some brains I feel.Just 50yrs old .Tell me why do the young think your old at 50, Ahh hang on a minuite I think I remember.Why does the brain really want to be 20 but the body does'nt.?????? Al.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Saturday, Oct 31, 2009 at 22:59

Saturday, Oct 31, 2009 at 22:59
Argh! Go-on wid ya!
We are 61 and 58 plus a few months to look at. We have just had a hard life and are really only 18 (at Heart) - BUT that does give us trouble from time to time when traveling.
Such as walking Chillagoe walks and caves and etc in 40+ in the shade = 55 or so in the sun!
Rowing an HF360 Sevylor for four hours in Lawn Hill Gorge in similar temps (did have a few water fights to cool off though!
Still have ALL of our hair and teeth, camp is quiet at night (no thuds from wooden legs hitting the floor, or other such stuff etc!) due to the fact that we are DEAD tired from the day time explorations etc.
Come orn! (Leighton Hewitt style exclaimation) What do think we are, a mob of old fuddies or sumfink! :-)
Cheers - Ian & Sally
AnswerID: 579216

Reply By: bindi - Sunday, Nov 01, 2009 at 03:28

Sunday, Nov 01, 2009 at 03:28
Don't know about you dudes, around here we are both 20 year old , one with 41years the other with 40 years experience.
AnswerID: 579217

Reply By: Slider - Monday, Nov 02, 2009 at 22:58

Monday, Nov 02, 2009 at 22:58
Yes there are under 50's out there, but I guess you need to look at the fact that there are not a great deal of under 50's that can afford to own a bushtracker and a house as well, due to the expense, I guess we are one of the lucky ones our biggest problem is finding the time to get out there and about in our bushtracker due to that thing called work it tends to get in the way!!!!! But our 4 year old loves getting out in the great out doors when we do get it out of our drive way!!!!

Mark & Suzanne
AnswerID: 579218

Our Sponsors