Information sought

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 14:17
ThreadID: 126268 Views:6735 Replies:10 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi To All,
This is my first posting as my wife and I have just become members of BOG I would like to congratulate all members and the commitee of the BOG for a great organisation that allows people such as myself to source information,helpful tips and to chat and meet other members that share the same interest as we do.
We ordered a 20' Bushtracker with a full rear ensuite which is due to be completed in June 2010 we are going back to Bushtracker in late Feb which is the cut of point to confirm the layout etc,and what extra's that we should include, hence the reason for this posting. We live in Woodend Vic and I thought that if there was any member that lived around the area that would be good enough to spare the time that we could visit and answer the many question's we have in regard's to the do's and dont's of the layout how thing's work and what extra's we should include,also general information on travelling on the dirt,setting up the Tow vehicle which is a Toyota Landcruiser 100 series and what to carry this would be very much appreciated.
Once again thank's to all
Regard's
Robert & Yvonne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 18:25

Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 18:25
Jan & I live in Lorne and our Bushtracker lives a bit closer to you at Birregurra (near Colac). Happy to meet with you and talk about all things Bushtracker. It's a bit of a drive for you one a couple of days notice we can arrange something. Send me a member Msg if you think we can halp.

Welcome to the BOG. You'll get lots of good advice and help here.

Pete
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 579527

Reply By: bindi - Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 18:45

Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 18:45
Hi and welcome, We live 20 min away from BTi and wish we could help, having only done just over 2,000km in a BT we are not at the stage to give advice on setups etc, and also we are in the process of selling up and it's crazy around here, but I am sure there are some as close to BT as us that can help.
Oh, and don't tell Steve [director 'whatever'] at BTi you asking advice here, he said "don't get BOGgged down from the BOG. we hear it all the time" ha, I love it, it's advice from people out there doing it in their product.
AnswerID: 579528

Reply By: Oldperc - Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 19:00

Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 19:00
Robert and Yvonne
We're sure you will get plenty of offers.
Your welcome to visit us on Bribie Island approx 40 minute drive to BTi. We are onto our #2 BT 20ft.(will be 3 years old in Feb)
Very important to check over your layout details carefully before confirming with BTi.
Let us know if we can help
Have a Merry Christmas
Regards
David and Ann
David and Ann
'I'am so proud of you poppa'

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 579529

Reply By: Thommo - Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 20:31

Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 20:31
Hello Robert & Yvonne

Janice and I live in Hoppers Crossing and have a 21ft Van

My Brother in Law lives in Kings Park and has a 20ft Van towing with a 100 series cruiser

If that is any help send me a members message and I will give you the details

Welcome to the BOG

Regards David & Jan
May all enjoy there travels
Regards David & Janice

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 579530

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 22:07

Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 at 22:07
Wow - you lucky folks! Welcome!
We aim to be travelling through Woodend with our rig enroute to Eildon in the early part of Jan 2010. Maybe the 1st week even. Would you like to catch up? Send a Member Message for our telephone & email contact details if you wish.
Cheers - Ian & Sally
AnswerID: 579531

Reply By: Trackor 2 - Thursday, Dec 24, 2009 at 04:06

Thursday, Dec 24, 2009 at 04:06
G'day Robert & Yvonne,

I'm in a caravan park in Melbourne until January 3 with a 2001 18' BT with east-west bed that has been my full time home since 2001. Used to tow with a 100 series TD, now with an F250.

Send a member message if you want to have a chat.

Regards,

Peter
AnswerID: 579532

Reply By: Tinny - Friday, Dec 25, 2009 at 13:20

Friday, Dec 25, 2009 at 13:20
Hi To All
I would like to thank everyone that responded to our post for their offers of advice and assistance, and are looking forward to catching up with those after xmas and will be in touch. We had a few small hesitations whether we were doing the right thing in purchasing a Bushtracker but these have all been put to bed because we have been made very welcome and to have the assistance and advice at hand on any problems we may encounter from members of the BOG to us is very reassuring and comforting, once again many thank's and we look forward to meeting you in 2010
Merry xmas to all
Regard's
Robert & Yvonne
AnswerID: 579533

Reply By: Gone Bush - Friday, Dec 25, 2009 at 22:01

Friday, Dec 25, 2009 at 22:01
Hullo Robert & Yvonne,

we have a 20' with full rear ensuite but we are in WA. However, if you send me an MM with your email address, I can send you some photos of ours and some notes on what we did, and what we would do differently.

Ours is only a couple of months old.

cheers

AnswerID: 579534

Reply By: Uncle Dodgy - Saturday, Dec 26, 2009 at 20:39

Saturday, Dec 26, 2009 at 20:39
Greetings Robert and Yvonne.
Welcome to all things BOG

We have a 2000 build BT. 19ft with Island bed.
We will be passing through Vic. in Jan 2010 and likely visiting Maryborough and Shepparton.
We come from north Qld and I am not sure where Woodend is in relation to our proposed travels.
If you think we could meet up somewhere please send a member message with details. We are currently at Ceduna S.A.
Happy to discuss with you what we ordered and our subsequent modifications and what we would do differently next time. (If the lotto man calls.)
Our current tug is a 94 Turbo'd Nissan Patrol 6 wheeler that runs on diesel gas, When we bought it it was a standard 4.2 drop side 4 X 2 ute.

Cheers and Happy New Year
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

AnswerID: 579535

Reply By: Yogi and Muffin - Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 02:49

Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 at 02:49
Welcome to BOG: you will never regret the purchase of a BT for home or leisure.

We are on our second unit now, and live in Bendigo with our 20ft BT, stored at aerodrome in our hangar. Happy to share our experiences with layout design, pros and cons, and the reasons behind changes made when we had to re-build. Happy to make it available to you for a visit, but do not intend to be out of town for a few months yet. Please feel free to contact us to arrange visit/inspection and to discuss your options.

No 2 vans will ever be the same, given the options available with layout and schemes, so go for the best you can afford, and enjoy the journey.

Regards Jan and Tony
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 579536

Our Sponsors