A Good Effort

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 11, 2010 at 21:44
ThreadID: 126373 Views:4108 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Many members will have met Harry Donaldson at the Copeton Dam and Quilpie Musters.
Harry, Gus and Harrys remote controlled toys got attention from most.

I called in at the Kalbar Showground driving home from Qld to Sydney recently to have a nights break and catch up with Harry.

Well Harry was sporting a grin bigger than the proverbial Cheshire cat.
Harry had been nominated by the local community for an Australia Day award and he was all kitted up and on his way to the awards ceremony & dinner.

Unfortunately Harry did not get an award that night however the fact that he was nominated is in my opinion an award itself, and Harry feels the same way.

I congratulate Harry for being nominated after being a member of the Kalbar community for only a short time.

And remember, the Kalbar Showground is a good stopover, some lovely local villages to visit and Harry will always have a BIG welcome for a fellow Bogger.

Bob
Image Could Not Be Found
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: SMICK - Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 02:51

Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 02:51
CONGRATULATIONS HARRY.
We think its a tremendous effort to be nominated for an Australia Day award.
GOOD ONYA HARRY.
AROUND AUSTRALIA AT 80 KAYS.
Bushtrackerly Yours
Michael Mnew
SMICK

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 579838

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Tuesday, Feb 16, 2010 at 02:11

Tuesday, Feb 16, 2010 at 02:11
We took Bob's advice and presently camped at Kalbar Showground, green grass & shady tree's, very humid and we are watching the black clouds roll over us threatening rain.

Harry has been playing with his remote cars, boy don't they fly along !! All in all a nice spot to stop the wheels turning for a few day's.

AnswerID: 579839

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Tuesday, Feb 16, 2010 at 08:25

Tuesday, Feb 16, 2010 at 08:25
Well down it came ...... 110mm in an hour & half ..... we were already on high ground and when the creek broke it's banks we were surrounded by water, Harry suggested we move as the entire Kalbar Showground is under water and more heavy rain is forecast, we moved Harry's Van into the shed 1st, and then we hooked up and parked up on a bitumen track on the highest ground, one other van seeked refuge in town in the main street.

Harry and i are blaming you Bob LOL

FollowupID: 852258

Our Sponsors